Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,561 Posts
It's that time of year again! Time to give the ST it's first winter protection detail.
I'd forgotten how good a product CG JetSeal 109 is to work with.
The car was prepped in the usual manner, de-tar, clay, machine polish with Gtechniq P1, and lastly finished with JetSeal.
The only panel wearing an additional LSP is the bonnet which I topped off with Vic's concourse red.

It's not often I get to do my own car but I thoroughly enjoyed working with it and feel much better about it being protected during the winter.

Excuse the photo quality, I only had my 4s on me.

· Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of speed armour, but colli is a wax rather than a chemical sealant. Like chalk and cheese.

Colli is a good hard wearing wax, but doesn't give the cold glassy finish I was looking for.

· Banned
9,904 Posts
Not wanting to split hairs here, but are we talking about the same colli 845? The only 845 I know of is the insulator wax. Branded and marketed as a liquid wax, rather than a chemical sealant.
Depends how many hairs you want to split. What makes a sealent a sealent and what makes a wax a wax?

Does the fact that something contains canuba make it a wax, or does it have to have it to be a solid like a paste sealent?

Don't get hung up on what something is called. A guenuinely good product shouldn't be avoided.

The fact is, if you test a so called high volume canuba wax, your unlikely to find any canuba in it. So does that make it a sealent?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.