Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you have CCTV on your house to keep an eye on your st, im just wondering what system you have?

which system to avoid?

how to watch your cctv on other computers say at work for example etc

and the last bit, the price on all the equipment.

thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
We upgraded some security at work a couple of years ago so I have an AXIS ip camera system using camera station and an old PC as a DVR with a big hard drive attached. 2 dome cameras at the rear of the house and a smaller dome at the front all running on PoE, though it doesnt point at the car much. If bought new about £4000 but I dare say you could get the sort of kit I have from EBay for a tenth the price.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Yep I have ebay wireless IP cams everywhere I have 7 of them, £70 each or all 7 for £350 posted! All linked to the wireless router, 3 have motion sensors that trigger email alerts also the software is run from a memory stick which goes everywhere I do! So any PC with internet connection can be used to view and record.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am running a WIndows Server with 2 x DVR cards and 5 Hard wired full Night Vison Camera, Only down side is the Hard Wring and the Very Big Hard Drive to sort the Records on, THe camera are Sony Front and Rear then 2 X Internal Domes Porch and Conservatory and a External Dome for the ST, Put this in about 18 months ago as I was working away and My wife meant a person trying to get in through the Little porch window One Morning and it scared the life out of her. All the items were purchase from Ebay.

·
Registered
545 Posts
" prefer the locked, alarmed garage method!"

Would love that option, meanwhile park 10m down the drive and park 2t of Volvo V70 across the drive! They may scratch it, but they can't lift it. Do you really need a video of somebody lifting your car, at your expense?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
" prefer the locked, alarmed garage method!"

Would love that option, meanwhile park 10m down the drive and park 2t of Volvo V70 across the drive! They may scratch it, but they can't lift it. Do you really need a video of somebody lifting your car, at your expense?
Most cars taken from your home will involve burglary and unfortunately sometimes violence. If spending £350 on my system deters just one person or helps identify someone for doing it then it worth every penny. Protection for my home more than the car TBH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts