Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, am looking to get a catback this week, cant afford a miltek right now and was wondering if anyone has fitted either a scorpion or mongoose reonated catback and if so are the any good or a pile of poo? many thanks, luke

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
hi i had mongoose fitted a month ago and its great love it alot much better sound when idle and a really nice sound when foot goes down!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have a non res Scorpion and it souds nice, Quality is good and would deffo recomend!!

Think it will all come down to the tailpipe design you are after, Mongoose have a good choice but as far as i am aware Scorpion only have the 4" slash available (think its called tuner or turner!)

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have the mongoose and i am more than impressed with the system. Sounds great and the build quality is excellent!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you really want a milltek theres a company called revolution performance parts or something like that. They offer monthly repayments on their range of exhausts.
Just an idea for you

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have just put a mongoose cat back on,,
To quite for me and not alot diff from stock
Looks nice though
I am going to try a de cat and frt pipe to get the db up abit

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
QUOTE(trotterST @ 1 Mar 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you really want a milltek theres a company called revolution performance parts or something like that. They offer monthly repayments on their range of exhausts.
Just an idea for you

Been there quite a few times, always buy my tyres and fitting there, They are not the cheapest for the Mongoose though as I am also looking at the moment. Ebay seems to be the way to go I think.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(mitch-st225 @ 1 Mar 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi i had mongoose fitted a month ago and its great love it alot much better sound when idle and a really nice sound when foot goes down!

thanks all for the reponses, mongoose sounds the way to go, only as the missus uses it for work, im a dead man if its too loud, we had my mates rs for the weekend and boy did it drone, all the time, think itd drive me mad, is the mongoose a lot louder than stoc then? a nice but subtle sound is what im after, also its so i can upload my bluefin satge 2. cheers for the tips

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(christiano @ 1 Mar 2010, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a non res Scorpion and it souds nice, Quality is good and would deffo recomend!!Think it will all come down to the tailpipe design you are after, Mongoose have a good choice but as far as i am aware Scorpion only have the 4" slash available (think its called tuner or turner!)thanks mate im going to have to look into tailpipe desighns then, do you know if different types of tailpipe design affect the sound it makes? cheers muchlyQUOTE(mitch-st225 @ 1 Mar 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just the mongoose cat-back mate and there is no drone on motorways in 5-6th gearcheers mitch, whats it sound like when driving sensibly on normal roads?

·
Registered
544 Posts
QUOTE(jebrovia @ 1 Mar 2010, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>whats it sound like when driving sensibly on normal roads?

That's something I would also like to know. Is it loud? I was thinking of getting a mongoose system but if it's too loud when inside the car then I won't bother.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts