Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought that a catback exhaust was more for looks and noise but does it actually give you more power and torque.

Its just that my clutch was slipping from 3rd upwards between 2-3k rpm and then gripped but since I had a Milltek fitted yesterday the clutch slipped in 4th at 30mph and slips to amost 5k now and feels alot worse

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
A catback will make very little difference up to about 300bhp....

If your clutch was slipping anyway, it will be getting progressively worse the more it slips, so may just be coincidence that it is now noticeably worse.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
As above mate,
It's a progression of the clutch wearing out. And probably the fact that you are driving the car harder to enjoy the sound of your new exhaust?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Didn't think it would but with having a decat too wasn't sure if it might of raised the torque slightly and that was the reason the slipping is worse.

Good job the car is booked in for a clutch tomorrow will be able to enjoy the car then to the full

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
If you stopped flooring it from low speeds in higher gears, you wouldn't have had that problem

For I know, my clutch might slip in 5th and 6th but since I don't use those gears when driving fast unless I'm on a privat, road I will never know

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If you stopped flooring it from low speeds in higher gears, you wouldn't have had that problem

For I know, my clutch might slip in 5th and 6th but since I don't use those gears when driving fast unless I'm on a privat, road I will never know
I was in 4th at 30 - 35 mph so not really in a high gear but suppose its well past time to replace it

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Didn't think it would but with having a decat too wasn't sure if it might of raised the torque slightly and that was the reason the slipping is worse.

Good job the car is booked in for a clutch tomorrow will be able to enjoy the car then to the full
No need to worry then buddy, are going for the RS clutch?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts