Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have 2 old catalytic converters, 1 is from a rover 220 turbo like a 1992 i think and the other is from a 1990 mr2 turbo, both are fully in tact and both original, a scrap yard about 10 miles from me says he would have to see them and ont give me a price on the phone, can anyone tell me what they will be worth each? thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have got a standard mk7 fiesta cat kicking about to. What sort of price do you get for a cat?

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I thought I replied to this????

Never mind, i am guessing you may be lucky and get £10 for them tops (after all they are only about £100 new)

·
Registered
930 Posts
I got 90 quid scrap for a small fiesta one about a year ago. Prices go up and down tho. Most places do not take them anymore due to most of them being knicked.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
If the MR2 one is in good condition you might find somebody on the IMOC would buy it if they want to get a car back to standard for Concours? MR2 cats are very rare now as they dont need them by law till 1996 and ive never actually seen a car with one on!

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's the high performance stuff that makes the least, I got £40 for the one off my Evo7, yet £200 for one I got off a 307 hdi. Search people online who deal with cats, they pay the most.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If the MR2 one is in good condition you might find somebody on the IMOC would buy it if they want to get a car back to standard for Concours? MR2 cats are very rare now as they dont need them by law till 1996 and ive never actually seen a car with one on!
mine was a 1990 2.0 turbo got the cat in a cupboard, thanks for the info mate let me know if you know any1 whos interested.
the other 1 i have is off a rover 220 turbo, guy told me yesterday that cats off of sports cars are normally worth the least

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
mine was a 1990 2.0 turbo got the cat in a cupboard, thanks for the info mate let me know if you know any1 whos interested.
the other 1 i have is off a rover 220 turbo, guy told me yesterday that cats off of sports cars are normally worth the least
Ill keep an eye out for anyone whos interested!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts