Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to here,
Bought 60reg focus st 2 from a trader not private.
Seller described car in advert as "cat d due to wheels and interior being stolen"
I bought it cheap due to this fact.
But i have now found out it is cat d due to a rta front end collision.
I have had car 3 weeks.
Have i got a case if i take him to court under sales of goods act'car not as described'
many thanks for any replies

·
Registered
520 Posts
i drove past this everyday to work looked nice and clean from looking at it, i cant see its been repaired at all so must have made a good job of it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If he has told you it was cat D its more than most would tell you. How did you find out it had been in an RTA could someone be trying to wind you up? Did it state in the ad that it was cat d for that reason?

Edit just seen you replied there what proof have you got that it was in an RTA? Just because it was in an RTA does not mean thats what lead to it being a cat D. If your unhappy i would go back to the dealer see what he says?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it stated in advert"cat d due to interior wheels being stolen"
ford say airbags been deployed and had front end rebuild,also i found out which salvage company sold it and they say it was involved in accident and thats why it was a write off

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Interior wheels?! WTF.

Get all your paperwork together and speak with garage. Then go to Trading Standards. What do you want out if it though as you'll need to let them know.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
It was disclosed as cat D, but with a copy of the advert you may have a case. Contact Trading Standards.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeh but then as the garage I'd say I told you that also. Do you have anything from the garage to price otherwise?
my point he lied in advert,cat d was due to accident not interior and seats stolen.
there is no cat d marker for stolen parts wheels seats etc

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Sorry but I'm sure as long as it was described as a CAT D in the advert then he's covered himself as he has told you it was written off at some point and the onus would then be on you to either find out prior to buying what the damage was or doing your own HPI check

·
Registered
520 Posts
as he stated in the advert it was cat d so hes not lied about that, i think you will be lucky to get anything back especially after owning it for 3 weeks !!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry but I'm sure as long as it was described as a CAT D in the advert then he's covered himself as he has told you it was written off at some point and the onus would then be on you to either find out prior to buying what the damage was or doing your own HPI check
But he lied in advert i have proof why it was a cat d,so what he said doesnt hold any water as it is untrue

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
as he stated in the advert it was cat d so hes not lied about that, i think you will be lucky to get anything back especially after owning it for 3 weeks !!
He HAS lied about the reasons for it being a Cat D though, the purchaser might have a case here. I know I'd be more inclined to buy a car that had been written off due by being stolen and recovered than one with crash damage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He HAS lied about the reasons for it being a Cat D though, the purchaser might have a case here. I know I'd be more inclined to buy a car that had been written off due by being stolen and recovered than one with crash damage.
I agree i wouldnt have touched it knowing it was a rta cat d

1 - 20 of 61 Posts