Ford Focus ST Forum banner
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,112 Posts
The front-end was something that really put me off the original Mk3, but these cars show that they can be improved.

But I like the facelift so might hang on until I can afford one when their prices drop a bit more.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
The front-end was something that really put me off the original Mk3, but these cars show that they can be improved.

But I like the facelift so might hang on until I can afford one when their prices drop a bit more.
If I had seen the face lift at the time I bought mine I think I would of possibly changed my mind, I'm the same as you the pfl just wasn't for me

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Are you actually allowed those tinted front plates I've seen loads of cars with them on lately?
Im not sure about them being legal, although i assume not! From what I've read on here before a few people put short plates on the front, but leave the standard plate on the back. The logic being if a police car drives past you its alot of effort to turn round an come after you, at night they won't notice at all. But the rear plate if they are following you they have a good reason to stop you then.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,112 Posts
Are you actually allowed those tinted front plates I've seen loads of cars with them on lately?
Also, what is the score with moving the number plate on the Mk3... do you need a different grille, or can you just remove the no. plate from the factory grille and get a stick-on plate to place lower down ?

EDIT: Did a search and it seems you have to fit the US spec grille, as the UK one has a bar where the number plate fits.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Im not sure about them being legal, although i assume not! From what I've read on here before a few people put short plates on the front, but leave the standard plate on the back. The logic being if a police car drives past you its alot of effort to turn round an come after you, at night they won't notice at all. But the rear plate if they are following you they have a good reason to stop you then.
Had a look myself it's actually a grey area the plates actually are built within spec I think the darkness of the plate will be issue as some are really dark and will obviously attract attention

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Also, what is the score with moving the number plate on the Mk3... do you need a different grille, or can you just remove the no. plate from the factory grille and get a stick-on plate to place lower down ?

EDIT: Did a search and it seems you have to fit the US spec grille, as the UK one has a bar where the number plate fits.
Look a really nice touch, was having a look at them when they first pulled in. Also liked the vents as well on the mk3s it suits them

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Had a look myself it's actually a grey area the plates actually are built within spec I think the darkness of the plate will be issue as some are really dark and will obviously attract attention
Yeah id imagine, see even if the plate is visible which they are, especially in day light, the obvious though of the police is you are trying to make the plate less visible to speed camera, or the cars getting used for criminal use etc.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts