Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ST has the leather interior and I want to look after it the best I can. On my previous cars, BMW, Audi etc the leather has been very good quality and has responded well to the gliptone leather products however, fords leather seems to be the cheapest of the cheap and I dont think gliptone would be the right product to use. I may be wrong but Im wondering what you guys use?

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I also use gliptone, i did try the begs stuff once as it is clear so not worries re logging up the perferated leather but it was pants.

Back to gliptone and it is fine.

Remeber the leather is coated so the conditioner will not do much other than smell.

Re the quality of leather, I have had both a BMW and Audi with full leather while we have had the ST, and the ST leather is by far the best, no sign of ware where as the bmw and audi did. I think it is more the ST leather is more supple where as the Audi and BMW's is stiffer as it was in my opinionover protected/coated which you may mistake as being better quality etc.

Also remember the Recaros have deep sides, deeper than in the Sline and Msport so the ST should ware more but as above they are outlasting both the germans attempts

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
I use the Zymol cleaner that's from Halfords.

It's as good as anything else I've used, but the main reason I used it is because it's Zymol on the lable.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Don't agree with your comment regarding the quality of the leather in the ST.

I managed to mark the leather in my friend a3 with a pair of jeans. I wear the same jeans every day in my ST and its still flawless

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
When I got my st I had to have the leather repaired on a seat and the very respected guy I welling Kent that I used said the leather was of a poor quality like most fords, still I think it's ok and have no problem with it

·
Registered
301 Posts
I started with gliptone cleaner & conditioning products when I got the ST. I used autoglym leather cream on previous cars but felt a bit greasy. I read up on detailing world about how coated leather doesnt need conditioners quite a confusing topic on there !
So......stopped with the gliptone conditioner even though it smells lovely and moved on to using LTT leather care products, I'm currently using Auto Ultra Maintain a spray and wipe all in one type product seems to be keeping things in order. I plan on a full clean of the seats with the gliptone cleaner in the summer and then use the maintainence spray in between cleans.

Hope that gives another point of view

1 - 11 of 11 Posts