Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working in the constant rain and ice is sooo sooo soooo
haha!
what makes it worse is the divvys in offices nice and heated go 'ay cold out today isnt it'

I want a new job were i dont have to get soaked 10 hours a day 5-6 days a week

·
Registered
732 Posts
Get into design, nice warm office to work in, and when its particularly nasty outside just call in and work from home lol

I can sympathise with you a bit, couple of years ago helped out a friend who has a tree surgery and landscaping company for a month, it was not as cold as it is now but it was flippin wet. I enjoyed it at the time as it was new to me really, but looking back I wouldnt fancy it all the time. I feel for my dad as he works for Bournville Trust in Brum doing all landscaping, mowing, ground maintenance etc Not nice in this weather but then im hella-jealous when its beaming sunshine and I have to be in the office.

When I was freelance I used to work in the garden if it was sunny, usually had to redo most of it though as the sunlight on the screens meant colours were never what I needed lol So that plan evolved into waking up late, dossing in the sun then working late into the night.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I work for BT Operate on the data side of things at the minute so deal with you chaps fairly frequently and what you started the topic with is quite a common complaint haha!
I may be joining you guys outside in the New Year, apparently 'needs of the business' plus the fact I live 2 miles from centre of Leeds and am a young, fit lad (really?!) means I'm an ideal candidate to help with the backlog of CAL/OMI work. So, up the poles in the freezing cold I go!

If you're serious about moving though fella, have a look on the BT intranet jobs section, there's usually plenty of other jobs available, always worth a try. Personally I could never work permanent in an office, same irritating people every day would drive me bonkers!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I work for BT Operate on the data side of things at the minute so deal with you chaps fairly frequently and what you started the topic with is quite a common complaint haha!
I may be joining you guys outside in the New Year, apparently 'needs of the business' plus the fact I live 2 miles from centre of Leeds and am a young, fit lad (really?!) means I'm an ideal candidate to help with the backlog of CAL/OMI work. So, up the poles in the freezing cold I go!

If you're serious about moving though fella, have a look on the BT intranet jobs section, there's usually plenty of other jobs available, always worth a try. Personally I could never work permanent in an office, same irritating people every day would drive me bonkers!
Ahh do you, do you do all the Cisco router networking side? I was working with a few operate lad round here yday. It's good in a way it's busy as there is more overtime than you could want! I'm in this sat and Sunday after working mon-Friday 8-6 aswell
.. Worth the money though

The job itself I enjoy, weather and the
that comes along with it makes it unbareable at times! Oooo sounds fun .. They've done it up here. Lots of lads have come back outside doing cal/omi ... Just dont volunteer to do UG as you'll be chased for stats that can't be hit, bet to stay cal/omi! I did the apprenticship so do cal/omi, UG, fibre (fttc,fttp) and everything else!

Maybe if you come out I may see you on Chester sometime soon.. Seem to have every one here people from Scotland, London, Kelly's/quinns/telnet contractors also! Mad busy here haha

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I applied through Telent recently to start as a contractor doing the Openreach stuff but heard nothing back, Chester is where i am from so the idea was that i was going to relocate from Edinburgh back to Handbridge for the duration of the work.

A bit gutted i never got anything back from them to be honest as it would have given me a chance to go and crash at the parents house for free rent

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I applied through Telent recently to start as a contractor doing the Openreach stuff but heard nothing back, Chester is where i am from so the idea was that i was going to relocate from Edinburgh back to Handbridge for the duration of the work.

A bit gutted i never got anything back from them to be honest as it would have given me a chance to go and crash at the parents house for free rent
Ahh we have a few going out with some of our lads to see what they do, the cal/omi guys anyway! Shame you didn't hear back.. Could of spared you a tea bag for a cup of tea
if you were round Chester plus I've worked the area for 5 years so could of helped with the local knowledge/cable runs etc if needed
!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Are you a complete
?

If 'No', you wont be suitable for work in Openreach's offices.

Have you got 17th edition? Most of that is nice and cosy indoors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts