Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
hi, looking at attempting to do this ( or rather the MRS is
) just wondered how easy it to remove it IF it goes wrong, have watched some online videos and it looks painstakenly tricky and time consuming!!

As more people are doing it i think we should have a sole thread for this interior " mod", so maybe a "how to" guide could also be added here at some point as well as the different styles/colours people are choosing.

mike

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
it shouldnt be to hard to remove just might leave a bit of glue which should come off pretty easy..
mines on order so i should be doing it next week id say.

·
1,599 Posts
It'll come off really easily, there might be a bit of residue left but that could soon be washed off. I was going to do a 'how to' guide but was to busy working out how to do it
I can offer any advice or guidance as required though.QUOTE(gray @ 2 Jan 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mines on order so i should be doing it next week id say.Would you mind if I came round when you do yours gray so I could take some photo's of the process?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yeh sure ok mate if you dont mind swearing when it goes wrong lol. ill let you know when it gets here and when im going to do it.
also got to paint my calipers and paint my front bumper lower trim part.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
im sure you could give me some tips on that bit then... where are all the screws ect hidden? havnt had a look yet.

·
1,599 Posts
That's the thing, it's knowing where to start and which bit's you can exert a bit of force on. There are 6 torx screws hidden about the place (5 on mine as I dropped one into the depths never to be seen again
)

·
1,599 Posts
you'll need 4 removal keys, I got mine off a seller on eBay but I can bring them round to save you getting a set

·
1,599 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 2 Jan 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ok nice one cheers. they will fit the new style head unit wont they?

oooooh, good question. It's a totally different mechanism for the new style. I think the surround come off without the need to remove the headunit, *not* sure though to be honest.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
That looks really good. It would also hide the gap around the Aftermarket Double DIN Stereo fascia
I think I may give this a bash

Which Carbon Fibre wrap is it? Is it 3M? Where is the best place to get some?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts