Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just finished carbon wrapping my dashtop and gauge pod
. Dashtop was easy but the gauge pod was a nightmare because of all the curves
. Fingers are sore from the heat of the hair drier
. Tried to get the weave to match up but was pretty difficult, think it turned out okay though. Will post a couple of pics tomorrow when I fit it to the car

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
done a good job with them .
only have one concern ...is it going to lift in the summer when the heat gets to it ?
suppose only time will tel but top job there matey i like it

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(smjohns @ 5 Feb 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Out of interest, how do you remove the pod?

I put a screwdriver with a cloth wrapped round it and worked my way along the front, the whole panel has to come off as the pod is clipped into it and has one screw. Once it has popped out of the front it should pull up and outwards if that makes sense. There is a multiplug to disconnect too

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
With this carbon stuff does it have a 'textured' finish to it, I.e does it kind of feel like carbon or is it a smooth finish?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(gizm0 @ 6 Feb 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>With this carbon stuff does it have a 'textured' finish to it, I.e does it kind of feel like carbon or is it a smooth finish?

It has a textured matt finish and I think it is quite authentic looking. If someone had said to me a few months ago that I would be putting sticky backed fake carbon vinyl on my car I would have laughed at them.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Lookin' good Thurso
, thinking that you might be starting a wee side line in dash part wrapping, quality job mate!

·
Registered
150 Posts
good one mate, looks nice, i thought when i first read fake carbon
but that looks smart. out of interest did you buy the stero one or do that yourself as well?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(pepsisteve @ 6 Feb 2010, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>good one mate, looks nice, i thought when i first read fake carbon
but that looks smart. out of interest did you buy the stero one or do that yourself as well?

Did that myself as well
. I notice that Profile Automotive are doing all the bits (apart from the gauge pod) on an exchange basis for £225
. The whole lot cost me about £55 for the carbon sheets and a little bit of my own time which is free

1 - 20 of 26 Posts