Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all not sure if it's okay to post this on here or under this topic but I work for Jaguar Land Rover Castle Bromwich/ Castle Vale when I got back to the car park my car had been stolen. It's a black ford focus st2 VK08 NXZ they smashed the drivers window and drove out the car park past the so called security guard. I also found that another ST similar year had also had it' window broken and an attempt made to also steal. Not sure anyone will bit if you see or hear anything could you please let me know. It has been reported to the police as stolen but won' be holding my breath.

Thanks all for reading

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Is this the second one to go missing from a Jaguar factory recently? And didn't the other one just get past security with ease? And if I remember there was some problem giving the owner/ insurance the cctv. Smells a bit suspicious to me?? If I worked at Jaguar and had an ST I think a lot more security is necessary.

Anyway, sorry for your loss. I have had a car pinched so know exactly how you feel.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,854 Posts
Back in the days when I had to work for a living, I always kept my car parked right under the gaze of a security camera when it was in the office car park.

Not sure if that really makes a difference, but it gave me some peace of mind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this the second one to go missing from a Jaguar factory recently? And didn't the other one just get past security with ease? And if I remember there was some problem giving the owner/ insurance the cctv. Smells a bit suspicious to me?? If I worked at Jaguar and had an ST I think a lot more security is necessary.

Anyway, sorry for your loss. I have had a car pinched so know exactly how you feel.
You are correct waiting to see if they will give me cctv tomorrow but doubting it. They denied others being pinched even though I know people who' cars have gone missing and also tried to say no other cars had been touched today when I have seen the photos of it with the window smashed about 4 rows in front of my car

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
You are correct waiting to see if they will give me cctv tomorrow but doubting it. They denied others being pinched even though I know people who' cars have gone missing and also tried to say no other cars had been touched today when I have seen the photos of it with the window smashed about 4 rows in front of my car
Whats the point of cctv security, who is allowed to view it??? The Police? They haven't got the time or the interest. Did you have any security measures in place on the car at all out of interest??

·
Administrator
12,104 Posts

Isn't this the same security that let 2 Trunkers of stolen engines drive past them last summer?

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Isn't this the same security that let 2 Trunkers of stolen engines drive past them last summer?
Well if it is, why are they still employed???

This is what drives me mad in this country. You go on a private car park and over stay by 5 mins or park slightly too far to the left, omg, efficiency in extracting £100 is no problem. Do 34mph in a 30mph zone, nick nick, private safety partnership van ready and waiting, ANPS and CCTV working perfectly in these situations, and strikes me any old Tom Richard or Harry can view them. DVLA will sell your details for £3.50. But Oh, if some little scrubber pinches or vandalises your car, his human rights are way up there.

And after Brexit, we are going to take back control, and run the show ourselves. God help us !!!!!!!!!!

And why on earth is the name D i c k censored on here, as in Tom Richard and Harry. Richard, D i c k, was one of the Famous Five by Enid Blyton :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
Trevor B
1,192 Posts
No, the engines were stolen from a different site/plant (Solihull), but may have been same "security" guys!!

Cant believe how easy it appears to be to get in and, especially out, of workers car park.

I left Jaguar a number of years ago and if you attempted to drive out of the workers car park during normal working hours you were stopped at the gate and expected to hand a "pass" to security to confirm who you were and it would say you had permission to leave early

Just to show respect to employees Security certainly need to sort themselves out and start policing properly.

Due to employee discount, and such an excellent veh, the car park, and most parts of surrounding areas within 15 miles are swimming with STs

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,709 Posts
It's not just security at JLR trust me. We had a lowloader with two boom lifts & one fork truck on the back, towing an industrial sized generator on wheels taken off the steelworks here before Christmas. The 'security' here even opened the bigger HGV gates for the thieves as they were struggling to manoeuvre it out through the normal vehicle gates - and then waved them off up the road............................................................

:facepalm:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts