Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since ive changed my coolant and turbo to crossover hoses to silicone the cars playing up on boost,drives normal to tooting along but as soon as i put my foot down it holds the boost back and then on again untill.i back off,and just been out in it again and its now blowing water through my drivers side bonnet vent??any ideas
Also.forgot to.mention it also sounds like its blowing air when foots down if that makes sense

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st and a retro Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,699 Posts
I'd say you have a leak somewhere, silicone turbo to crossover hoses are absolute garbage. I'd check where it sits on the turbo as I had a nightmare trying to get it to sit right, ended up putting the standard one back on.

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st and a retro Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,699 Posts
As for the water, again i'd say you have a leak somewhere. Check all the fittings and jubilee clips and check for pinched ends where the jubilee clip may be too tight.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply and Yeh i had my doubts on the turbo hose,mite just swap them over and see if it was that,just cba taking everything off again :)

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,439 Posts
You only have to open the bonnet to figure out where the coolant leak is coming from :unsure:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not coolant its more water based and it looks like the front of the engine

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried to replicate it again and it came out of the windscreen washer but only drivers side

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,575 Posts
The standard cross over to turbo has baffles to keep air quiet and the silicone pipe doesn't, that might be the blowing air sound.

I don't understand where you're saying water is coming from. It'll either be coolant, and shouldn't be too difficult to find, power steering fluid I think looks pretty watery, but again easy to find or from the air con but I think that just drips out the bottom.

As for playing up, it could just be the silicone pipes not fully on. I've never had a problem with them once on but anyways have a problem getting them to fit- they never fit the same way as standard pipes do

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So after checking everything again,i found the problem,when i fitted my tb spacer i didnt tighten the jubilee clip below it,so sorted that and now boosts without any issues

1 - 9 of 9 Posts