Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have not used this site for a while but when i first got my ST was on it all the time cos i loved my ST. Anyway last night at work I was attacked with house bricks by 3 males for my cherished car, totally gutted and shook up. Just wanted to warn everyone to be very careful this was done in front of a co-worker they just didnt care less. Try not to park near anything they can hide behind, it happened in a flash it was about 6.40pm dark car park with cameras, they all had hoods and scarves on.
Its a 57 plate in black, an ST1 so has standard headlights. Sorry to bring such a downer on ownership but I was the same whenever people mentioned on here about car jackings that it would never happen to me.
Its put me off future purchases, I was gonna go for an RS but dont know now. The police said why shoulden't you have a nice car when you work everyday, thats true but I dunno.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
sorry to hear about this mate, was it manchester centre? the main thing is your OK, of course that doesnt help how you feel but cars can be replaced
Chin up pal and hopefully the scum bags will crash it and die!

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(Focus_ASBO @ 23 Jan 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sorry to hear about this mate, was it manchester centre? the main thing is your OK, of course that doesnt help how you feel but cars can be replaced
Chin up pal and hopefully the scum bags will crash it and die!
Cheers for that, it was in Ancoats which is just outta the centre, I've had it from new with no problems ever. There is hardly any juice in it so lets hope its sat somwhere, dunno if i want it back though cos they obviously know ill be at work everyday so could come back I suppose.

·
Registered
96 Posts
could happen anywhere not just in manchester..whatever you do dont let it get you down too much.. they are scum and they will get whats coming to them..go out and get that rs.. life is for living!
hope it works out well for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(HollST @ 23 Jan 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gutted for ya fella, typing this from work . . . in Manchester - where did it happen?
If you know the Nissan garage just off ashton old road its just near there.
My main piece of advice is as you approach your car if on your own try not to open it until you are virtually touching it. I had the key setup so they cant open the passenger door, but its as if they knew that cos the came from the passenger direction but did not try that side. Try and park your car where its hard for them to hide near, if it I got it back I would be sad enough to walk in a general direction then change at the last min, but sayin this I think they were prepared to put the window in if i'd managed to get the door closed cos they wer carrying bricks which were left on the floor after. Sorry not trying to scare anyone just givin you all the heads. Its a massive ball ache cos I hav to wait 42 days unless recovered before i get an offer and no curt car unless its recovered and put in for repairs. Any micras goin cheap?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Really, really sorry to hear that and thats my worst nightmare - had my very first car ever stolen and I just cried!! But as has been said - you only live once so dont let anyone stop you. Get the RS if thats what you want! And this government has to change - real punishment for scumbags who dont know what a real days work is is needed. I could solve prison over crowding in a heart beat. Kill the
and not only solve over crowding would save money too!

G

·
Couple of years ago I was jacked outside my house in manchester, had my pride and joy relieved from my possession, Seat Leon Cupra R, was gutted at the time and even though I got it back with shiney new alloys etc I thought whats the point, gonna get something sensible.. then I thought
them and swapped it for a ST3..

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Its always horrible to read these stories but glad your ok as thats the main thing. Don't let theiving scum bags ruin your life, we work hard to afford nice cars, don't let them stop you

·
Registered
269 Posts
This is why shot guns should be carried.
ppl like this should be hung.

My mate got 'jacked' or they tried to......It took place in huddersfield 3 lads went for him demanded the keys. Little did they know he's 7th dan. Took them on police turned up 2 on the floor 1 ran off. Who's in the wrong...my mate, got taken in for the night and left with a warning. Maybe we should all take up karate.

Buy the RS dude. Like we say you only live once!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had no news on the motor as yet the reg is DY57 HXO if anyone spots it. Like I mentioned earlier its black totally standard. Grey interior.
I'm beginning to get over the shock of it all but the only trouble with gettin a new one is it'll be at work everyday. The robbery squad came into work to see me, in work 2 people have mini cooper S's and the police said they love those and White S3'S. The robbery detecetive was tellin me he had a type r but he was even followed twice so he said he got rid of it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
QUOTE(Jacdarip2 @ 28 Jan 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've had no news on the motor as yet the reg is DY57 HXO if anyone spots it. Like I mentioned earlier its black totally standard. Grey interior.
I'm beginning to get over the shock of it all but the only trouble with gettin a new one is it'll be at work everyday. The robbery squad came into work to see me, in work 2 people have mini cooper S's and the police said they love those and White S3'S. The robbery detecetive was tellin me he had a type r but he was even followed twice so he said he got rid of it.

Bad news mate - hope it all gets sorted soon.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is a problem with car security being so good on modern cars they pretty much just go for the keys now, even if it means breaking into a house or mugging someone.

These crimes dont carry a large enough prison sentance for me

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.