Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST3 Tangerine Scream
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm having an issue with my MK3.5 2015 Diesel ST3 where the car will fail to start/turn over some mornings where as some other mornings it will start no problem but then I will get an issue sometimes while driving where the car will jerk a few times then I get an service light come on.

This doesn't happen all the time. It will come up saying Preheating Engine when I push the stop/start button without clutch.

The car has had a full service and a MOT a about a week ago but nothing was found by the garage. I've attached the picture of the issue that will appear when it has a funny moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
As Alb has said, get your battery checked out mate - these cars can throw up some funny faults when the battery’s start to get low... stop start not working and hill start assist not working to name but two!

Edit- preheating engine is just the glow plugs warming the fuel prior to starting, you’ll see this a bit more now that the cold mornings are here!

·
Registered
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,826 Posts
Also check the mega fuses on the front of the battery, sometimes they get hairline cracks, that gives intermittent faults, also check the bms sensor on the negative terminal post, they and the connecting wire sometimes corrode.
Font Parallel Schematic Rectangle Pattern

1 - 7 of 7 Posts