Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well well my poor focus ST is not even a month old and someone has nicely put a dent in the back driver side door beside the handle - looks to me like a car door is guilty

anyone got any advice how to get fixed or will I just leave it .....it's noticable to me certainly and more so when the light hits it

I guess this may happen again and again

I never do this to other cars and it really annoys me

thanks all and happy new year

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
You need a smart repair done, should be no problem if the paint is not damaged. Try Yell.com and ask for references.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Chips Away or Dent Devil are a nationwide franchise and should be able to carry out a paintless dent removal for you, Think it is circa £40-£50 per panel.

Christian.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
think yourself lucky, 6 weeks after i got mine brand new some
went into the back of me and its now going to court.

On a more practical note tho, if the paints in tacked you can get a smart repairer to do it. Everyone on here seems to use a company called chipsaway. Never used them myself tho

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've got a couple of car park dings. Winds my up

I had one on the passenger door which obviously went away when the door got replaced following a claim. I was really impressed having no dings

And then, I was washing my car a few weeks later and someone had done it again to the new door

I'm not wasting my money getting them fixed now because some prat will just do it again

Chris

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
call up dent devils mate. chipsaway is more of the paint side of things. you can get pdr paintless dent removal where they masage the dent out from behind.
yes it may happen time and time again but you dont want you pride looking like poo do you?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had this done to my car a while back and I never bothered having it fixed as I know fine well that it will happen again.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You will probably find that most dents are done by children opening doors as they have no idea that the door can hit another car, and then you get the selfish muppets taking up 2 or 3 spaces which then forces even more people without kids to take up the parent & toddler spaces which only forces those of us with kids to park in ever tighter spaces where this thing can happen.

Dents are annoying and I hate dings more than anyone, but being selfish in car parks is even worse. Sorry for the rant, but it really
me off when people take extra spaces or park where they shouldn't.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(Dream Weaver @ 8 Jan 2010, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You will probably find that most dents are done by children opening doors as they have no idea that the door can hit another car, and then you get the selfish muppets taking up 2 or 3 spaces which then forces even more people without kids to take up the parent & toddler spaces which only forces those of us with kids to park in ever tighter spaces where this thing can happen.

Dents are annoying and I hate dings more than anyone, but being selfish in car parks is even worse. Sorry for the rant, but it really
me off when people take extra spaces or park where they shouldn't.

maybe if you get your car dented 3 times in a month like happened to mine you will hav somethin to rant about! i have 3 young children and believe me they would'nt dream of denting anyones car, as they have been taught not to!

·
Registered
204 Posts
QUOTE(THEEGGMAN @ 7 Jan 2010, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well well my poor focus ST is not even a month old and someone has nicely put a dent in the back driver side door beside the handle - looks to me like a car door is guilty

anyone got any advice how to get fixed or will I just leave it .....it's noticable to me certainly and more so when the light hits it

I guess this may happen again and again

I never do this to other cars and it really annoys me

thanks all and happy new year

where in south scotland bud i know a guy that will do you a cheap cash deal at his house if you ain`t to far away

1 - 13 of 13 Posts