Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent quite a few evenings looking through the detailing section to see what is what and who uses what on black
's, especially as I am about to undertake my first ever 'clay to high polish' session on my most recently purchased ST, in the very near future, (once they products get delivered).

After reading through loads of posts I have gone for the following:

Bilt Hamber soft clay
Poorboys black hole glaze
Collinite 476s
Autoglym Fastglass
Autoglm custom wheel cleaner
*cloths, applicators etc etc

I got them off a website called elitecarcare.co.uk and if you spend over £60 you get free delivery. Worth a look if you need to stock up - they seem to have the lot and more.

Hopefully all I need now is for that
freezing cold wind and rain to give up
!!!!

Wish me luck...................
............................and if successful the camera might even getting an airing

·
Registered
198 Posts
You won't regret the Poor Boys Black Hole glaze on your ST mate. With a couple of coats of Colli on top of that, you'll be impressed just how long the finish lasts as well as the sheeting and beading!

Deffo get some pics up when it's all shiny! We can all drool then!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have spent quite a few evenings looking through the detailing section to see what is what and who uses what on black
's, especially as I am about to undertake my first ever 'clay to high polish' session on my most recently purchased ST, in the very near future, (once they products get delivered).

After reading through loads of posts I have gone for the following:

Bilt Hamber soft clay
Poorboys black hole glaze
Collinite 476s
Autoglym Fastglass
Autoglm custom wheel cleaner
*cloths, applicators etc etc

I got them off a website called elitecarcare.co.uk and if you spend over £60 you get free delivery. Worth a look if you need to stock up - they seem to have the lot and more.

Hopefully all I need now is for that
freezing cold wind and rain to give up
!!!!

Wish me luck...................
............................and if successful the camera might even getting an airing
Havent clayed or waxed mine yet (got BH and Collonite to). Havent got any Poorboys, but read a post about that last night.
I was going to clay, maybe AutoGlym SRP, then collonite. Other stuff I got is megs gold class shampoo that is good. Got a few AG products in that case you buy (shampoo, wheel stuff, fastglass, srp)
Summer is coming ..
But I have got access to a garage so no excuse for me

Take photos before and after to inspire
Just purchased some carbon gel overlays and wheel centers, st inlays and caliper logos so should do it all soon.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I never detail
, i do the job right, i.e. clean and polish everywhere on the car, not just the obvious bits

1 - 4 of 4 Posts