Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I picked up a ST the other day, and say around every 30th gear change it will give a massive backfire.

Car has FMIC, downpiper, sports cat, DV, CAI and Dream Science MOD C Map.

This back fire seems to happen randomly. If I really floor it hard I never seem to get it though, normally around 50% throttle.

This sound noraml??? I want it to always happen

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine seems to do it everytime i quickly put the pedal down and lift off at round 2000rpm thats with a standard exhaust!

Loves it i do

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(jaybarts @ 25 Feb 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mine seems to do it everytime i quickly put the pedal down and lift off at round 2000rpm thats with a standard exhaust!

Loves it i do

Mine has standard cat back. It's a great car I love it

Also the FMIC, is it worth it being fitted? What gains does it do? My insurance company is being funny about it,so I may remove it if it's not much of a gain

Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Il post some pics up when i clean it

Blue ST2 3DR
30k miles
FSH, HPI Clear
12 months MOT & Tax
Dreamscience: Remap, FMIC, CAI, downpipe, sports cat
£500 headunit

All standard parts included

Paid £9,450. That agood price?

Pretty pleased

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 25 Feb 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Seeing as I paid £11.5k for mine 4months ago albeit an ST3 not 2 I say you got a good price!!

Cool man thanks about time Igot a favour! I lost over £10k deprication on my M3 lol

Thiscar is twice as fun to drive! Taking a while toget used to the tourqe steer again though!!

Just need todecided about the FMIC and sign up to here of course

·
Registered
28 Posts
this mean that it should pop and backfire when you have a standard exhaust? because that was one of my main worrys i dont want to get a new exhaust system for my ST when i get it just for that noise as i dont like the constant huming of the exhaust mate got it on his MG zr and it just sounds horrible but are there any exhaust systems out there that could make it pop and give a meaty pur but not too much? or am i just getting to picky now

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Put some Vpower in and wow!

1) Pops pretty much every gear change now
2) Feels a lot quicker!
3) MPG is a worse

1 - 19 of 19 Posts