Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car was towed to dealers yesterday due to electrical problems so could not reload back to stock,called in today and they have over wrote the performance+ map with their ford stock map will this cause any problems when i get the car back and how will i load d/s back on

·
Registered
571 Posts
Doubt it would have caused any problems as such, as for reloading.....just plug your handset in and upload the map of your choice back on

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Surely not.... you have swapped the performance + map for your old stock one so perf+ is no longer on your handset. When you plug it into the car again you will then (for instance) transfer Race+ to the car and the new stock will be stored on the handset. I think a reset will be required to get the maps back.

Am I right or completely wrong?????

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stock map is on the handset and performance+ was on the car,ford have now over wrote performance+ with what i am unsure,they have asked me to go and remove the map and return to stock map with the handset,will the performance+ map now be corrupt

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(jordychris @ 31 Dec 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The stock map is on the handset and performance+ was on the car,ford have now over wrote performance+ with what i am unsure,they have asked me to go and remove the map and return to stock map with the handset,will the performance+ map now be corrupt

WTF?? Why have you got to go and remove it if they have already overwritten it?? You really need to start asking them some questions!

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
The DS handsets have all the tunes on (including the stock one). As it's the same car, all you'll need to do is re-flash with Performance+ again, there should be no issues. If you encounter any problems, Jared at DS will help you out I'm sure. His customer service is legendary on this forum.

Can't see why resetting the ECU back to stock would solve your electrical gremlins though.

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,495 Posts
If they have put an updated stock map on the car the DS handset may not recgonise it,i would have thought that if they have put a stock map on the car you will have lost performance+ map,don't think the handset will be able to take it off good luck anyway

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've got a feeling the handset will think that it's a different car

Can't see it working you will have to have a nice word with Jared after new year

·
Registered
647 Posts
It says on the DS instructions that you MUST return to stock before ANY new programme is applied to the ECU.
I have a bad feeling that your DS handset wont work now, I hope i'm wrong !!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The car was towed into jennings ford due to not starting they have now narrowed down to a blown instrument cluster after checking everything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts