Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i've got a white
2 and can't keep it clean !!!!!!!!!! washed it today after work and when i got home ( 3 miles away) it was mucky as hell !!

any suggestions on how to keep it clean for more than 10 minutes ???

tarpo

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(tarpo @ 19 Feb 2010, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've got a white
2 and can't keep it clean !!!!!!!!!! washed it today after work and when i got home ( 3 miles away) it was mucky as hell !!

tarpo

Yeah, I've found that not driving it helps!

Its not just because its white mate, the dirt sticks to any colour, mines just as bad

·
Registered
783 Posts
It will stay nice and clean for 10 mins if you leave it stationery for at least 10 mins.....

Clearly thats no help, but i have the same problem and it does drive you mad.....
I fitted spacers too which sprays all the muck nicely up the sides!
The salt on the roads doesnt help either.

·
Registered
58 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 19 Feb 2010, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah, I've found that not driving it helps!

Its not just because its white mate, the dirt sticks to any colour, mines just as bad
never thought of using cling film

just get so
off when i get IT nice and clean then its dirty within minutes !!!

I HATE ENGLISH WEATHER

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(JayDon @ 19 Feb 2010, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It will stay nice and clean for 10 mins if you leave it stationery for at least 10 mins.....

Clearly thats no help, but i have the same problem and it does drive you mad.....
I fitted spacers too which sprays all the muck nicely up the sides!
The salt on the roads doesnt help either.

my
is a pearl essent white and looks great when its clean ! just annoying that people dont see it as i want them to see it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well another solution is to buy a silver one cos my previous car (1.6 focus) always looked clean. Now that iv upgraded to a
keeping it clean is almost as hard as keeping my right foot off the floor. i did say almost

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
washed it last saturday, 4 hours later it was back in a right state again :/ its always worse when the roads are damp but not raining, the spray just sticks

i agree with Waz i too had a silver focus and it looked keep for so much longer

·
Registered
414 Posts

i've got a white

tarpodo as the buzz does dont go out in the damp or the rain. get the Bus

·
Registered
131 Posts
I feel your pain i spent all last week puttin zymol on the car and as soon as it was finished it snowed that night so washed it again on thursday and it is away to get a quick wash again this morning before we go for a little drive , if it is polished well with top polish washin it shouldnt take long at all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
washed my white one today. it was absolutely covered with tar spots!! didnt think the weathers ever been hot enough to cause this problem.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts

i've got a white

tarpo

Dont drive it.

We`re all in the same situation mate this time of year, can never keep them clean. Washed both of mine yesterday Focus in the garage all shiney, Mondeo on drive all shiney. Drove the Mondeo into town and it minging again, just have to live with it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I upgraded from my old Fiesta I swore never to own a white care again, it was a PITA to keep clean. I think these pictures illustrate my point quite nicely. LOL!

·
Registered
77 Posts
QUOTE(norfolkminis @ 20 Feb 2010, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>washed my white one today. it was absolutely covered with tar spots!! didnt think the weathers ever been hot enough to cause this problem.

I have the same problem with my white ST. Plastered in tar. I know the roads are being worn into pieces with all the frost and ice but wouldn't have thought that cold tar could stick to the car. No mudflaps is probably the biggest problem. The sides, arches and rear get plastered in salt and dirt every drive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts