Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what a
of a night.

The missus has just come back from her first proper drive after running the car in and as she entered the lounge said 'I just hit a deer'.

She was coming back through the forest and a deer just jumped straight in front of her at 50ish mph.

Damage from what I can see is new bonnet as folded over at the front edge, bumper (compelte with deer fur!), and nearside wing. The worry for me is the wing has folded up at the top near the windscreen but will have a proper look in the morning.

Bonnet doesn't shut at all.

Just absolutely gutted, 1 month old and looking very sorry for itself

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
Gutted for you mate , i know full well the damage it causes as my Dad hit a deer in his car back in July , not an st but it was an 08 plate and it wrote it off !!

Are you fully comp insurance with no claims protection ??

·
Registered
773 Posts
Gutted for you. I've hit a deer before and did over £3k worth of damage to my 8 month old car (again, not an ST)

Glad no-one got hurt (except the deer) - that is the main thing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
QUOTE(Kiteboydave @ 30 Jan 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well what a
of a night.

The missus has just come back from her first proper drive after running the car in and as she entered the lounge said 'I just hit a deer'.

She was coming back through the forest and a deer just jumped straight in front of her at 50ish mph.

Damage from what I can see is new bonnet as folded over at the front edge, bumper (compelte with deer fur!), and nearside wing. The worry for me is the wing has folded up at the top near the windscreen but will have a proper look in the morning.

Bonnet doesn't shut at all.

Just absolutely gutted, 1 month old and looking very sorry for itself

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Crikey mate

Sorry to hear you new ST's gone and got itself hurt after you've not even had it long

Guess you'll get a better look at it in the morning, hopefully it'll all be sorted out ok on your insurance.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Could have been alot worse, especially if the Mrs had a lifetime ambition to be a WRC driver through the forest. I'd be so tempted!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts