Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with lowish miles? pres seem to be £9k now and FL over £10k, i dont think they should be this much as ive looked in the past.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I got my 08 facelift back in August, its an ST3 in black, condition is great, body unmarked, wheels have probably been refurbed as no marks on them either (plus all 4 tyres were virtually new bridgestones), came with full history, 12 months MOT and 6 tax on 36k miles cost me £11k at a dealer. I wouldn't consider that to be high / expensive, but would have said that was all its money but with dealer warrenty etc I wasn't fussed, plus the trade in I got offered was very good for a dealer, like twice what other dealers were offering, so I was happy.

You just have to shop around mate, some cars are always going to be worth more than others and different people have different ideas about what they're worth. Some people may think I paid too much, others may say I got a bargain. what cares, I got what I wanted!

Ultimately what it boils down to is you believing you got a good deal on the car you bought on that day in history - only you can truly know that. You will know the right motor when you see it mate and the patience will pay off!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I paid 9450 for my 08 st3 back in February. Great condition, 31k with Bluetooth and parking sensors. Had to get it serviced though at that price as it was due and drive 3 hours to get it but was worth it!

·
Registered
394 Posts
My electric white 59 plate was £12k 6,000miles st3 nav,pdc,reverse cam,bluetooth and ford service stamps

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
When I had a blue FL 08 ST2 it was 10.5k at a dealer with 19k miles on, warranty, serviced, the lot. It was at a Vauxhall Dealership and it was priced to sell. Most are 10k+

Orange ones are always that little bit more expensive so it seems, even the prefacelift, after looking day/night/months for one.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Fords of Winsford currently have a 60 plate st3 3 door in sea grey. With 29k on the clock for 13199. Then we have a 09 st3 3 door. In black with 18k on for 12995. I know what one I would be going for.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It also depend on what colour you get as well because I recently bought my fl in orange at a cost of 11k with Bluetooth reversing sensors st3 2 owners from new with 26k on the clock with full mods running 315hp! I originally wanted a white one but they are at least a thousand to 2 thousand more in the white variants! All I can say is keep your eye open as the new st is out now and people are moving on and want quick sales!

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,091 Posts
You get what you pay for - for low miles and top cond its worth the extra. Its better to enjoy the car every day for the next few years for the sake of paying a bit more.

I always go by the maxim of playing the most what you can afford for the exactly right car. You will have a great vehicle, really enjoy it, and not always wish you had bought something better.

I looked for 12 months for perfect F/L ST-2 for under £10k, but in the end paid £10,600 for a minter ( just 11k miles, awesome cond & massive SH)

Garage I bought from has this ST-3: http://www.chesterca...201248494193414
Nice car but not the value I got !!

·
Registered
904 Posts
You can have my FW ST-2 2010 with 22k miles... Minter... No damage, top condition. £12.5k.

You get what you pay for - for low miles and top cond its worth the extra. Its better to enjoy the car every day for the next few years for the sake of paying a bit more.

I always go by the maxim of playing the most what you can afford for the exactly right car. You will have a great vehicle, really enjoy it, and not always wish you had bought something better.

I looked for 12 months for perfect F/L ST-2 for under £10k, but in the end paid £10,600 for a minter ( just 11k miles, awesome cond & massive SH)

Garage I bought from has this ST-3: http://www.chesterca...201248494193414
Nice car but not the value I got !!
Front looks a bit low??

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
reason i ask is for example most pre faces seem to be £9k now with circa 30k miles, and then a facelift is only really £1k more, shouldnt it be over £2k difference, dont wanna pay £9k for an 07 with 27k when can get a FL for £10k ish, not sure what to do lol

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,091 Posts
Buy best and newest you can afford.

Looking on Pistonheads there are a few sub-£10k F/L cars with around 30k miles which are worth a considering.

IMHO you have to go for a F/L car in this price-range as they are superior in terms of looks and interior.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got my 08 plate performance blue for 9k was up for 9.5k, its got full ford FSH and MOT till July next year and they also serviced it for me, only down point was it came with only a months tax and had to drive to Essex to buy it, sometimes the longer drive is worth it!

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,091 Posts
I got my 08 plate performance blue for 9k was up for 9.5k, its got full ford FSH and MOT till July next year and they also serviced it for me, only down point was it came with only a months tax and had to drive to Essex to buy it, sometimes the longer drive is worth it!
What ST spec and mileage though ?

My car originally came from Essex too but had an older owner that had done just 2500m per year and looked after it like a baby !

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so this 07 st3 with 27k thats up for £9k at a ford centre should only be £8k? £9k is facelift territory

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,091 Posts
60k a little high but in super clean condition
60k is well high. 15k a year... nearly 6x higher than mine.

I wouldnt spend £9k on a perf car thats had that sort of usage.

My car is still like new - really tight and feels superb, not loose or rattly. That is what I want so I wont need to change it for years.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts