Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can anyone help
can you fit a turbo back exhaust and not have a remap how would the car run or is the remap to turn light off aswell as power
would the car run ok without remap

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
It would run fine.
If you fit a decat (or certain types of sports cat) you will get the engine warning light.

You can turn this off by:

Disconnecting battery for 10 minutes.
Removing KAM fuse for 10 minutes.
Fitting a lambda spacer.

Running wise, you don't need a remap though.
However, I would disconnect the battery overnight so it can adjust and relearn (the ECU) to your new setup.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Car will run fine with a turbo back exhaust on std mapping it may even run a bit better

The remaps will make the most of the modifications you have and utilise the cars potential at the same time.

The only time you will have any issues with lights in dash is if you have a de cat which will not pass a current MOT and will most likely void your insurace so beat to get a sports cat
hope this helps !

It would run fine.
If you fit a decat (or certain types of sports cat) you will get the engine warning light.

You can turn this off by:

Disconnecting battery for 10 minutes.
Removing KAM fuse for 10 minutes.
Fitting a lambda spacer.

Running wise, you don't need a remap though.
However, I would disconnect the battery overnight so it can adjust and relearn (the ECU) to your new setup.
Got there before me lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks people just brought cat bak miltek fitted to day think it needs to be a bit louder tho got told turbo back requires remap chears

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
thanks people just brought cat bak miltek fitted to day think it needs to be a bit louder tho got told turbo back requires remap chears
Not true for the ST.
Other cars you do need to remap to suit each mod, but the ST has a clever ECU.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I am running a full Mongoose turbo back, with De-cat and car runs fine runs bloody fine
Dig get eml light on but with app i have on phone can turn it off, done a fault code check with app is normal one for a de-cate P0420 but light not come on again

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not true for the ST.
Other cars you do need to remap to suit each mod, but the ST has a clever ECU.
Sorry but I beg to differ. Yes our ECU is clever but it is NOT that clever. If what your saying is true then nobody should be running any tune other than the stock one and we could have every hardware mod ever developed for the ST and the ECU would just learn to adapt?

Oh and the self-learning ECU has a sting in it's tail btw. It can easily have a very negative effect on your cars performance by retarding the ignition when it senses changes outside the + or - boundaries it has been told to allow for.

A good generic remap can make some use of the potential benefits of any collection of hardware mods. A custom map (aka live mapping) will make the most of any given set of mods for a given car ..... as long as the tuner knows what they are doing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts