Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something like.............."Another thread about somebody fitting footwell lights and some stickers" .........would be more in keeping with 90% of the content?

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
Maybe project work? Think is with Unique in the title it means that once its being done its no longer unique so wouldn't be many threads if that was the case.

Doesn't really bother me though. Maybe improve the search feature first so we don't have 20 "what remap" threads a day

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe project work? Think is with Unique in the title it means that once its being done its no longer unique so wouldn't be many threads if that was the case.

Doesn't really bother me though. Maybe improve the search feature first so we don't have 20 "what remap" threads a day
I just get really excited when i see a new post in this section then am totally dissapointed 99% of the time! If i posted stuff about turbos in the wheel section it would get moved in about 10 seconds so why dont all these?

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
I just get really excited when i see a new post in this section then am totally dissapointed 99% of the time! If i posted stuff about turbos in the wheel section it would get moved in about 10 seconds so why dont all these?
I know what you're saying, think project section would be a bit better. Thing is 99% of project threads follow the same path so don't read them much.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
If you really think something is in the wrong section, hit the report section and we'll look into it.

If were not washing our hair or doing something even less important.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Is fabricating parts for a one off build unique? Yes

Is screwing in an interior light bulb? No

Is combining many off the shelf parts to create one complete package? Maybe

And there lies the problem. How do you define a set of rules that work?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
This is why I'm not doing a project thread, although I love my car I'm not treading on any new ground so it would make for some pretty boring reading

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Don't be put off posting, its your club show off what you've done.
Exactly. I think Fishy is correct in what he's saying, there isn't really much in here that is completely unique, however I think we need somewhere to put 'normal' project threads etc. I know we have the garage function, but I feel it's useful for people to be able to comment, ask questions or provide other input, which (as far as I know) they can't do in the garage.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Is the whole point not that the section is CUSTOM/ unique project thread...as little as changing LEDs is, it is custom.

Personally not something I'd lose sleep over.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
This is why I'm not doing a project thread, although I love my car I'm not treading on any new ground so it would make for some pretty boring reading
Fit red and blue footwell bulbs it would be a great opening post to a project thread.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Everyone has to start somewhere & is excited about their new car & purchases etc
If we did change the title ...... you'll probably still look at it because it'd show in "new content" ....& the fact you're inquisitive

What is new & unique to one member is boring old fodder to the member who has "been there done that" years ago

We do strive to do our best to move things to the correct area if they are clearly posted in the wrong place ................

So long as it doesnt interfere too much with our behind the scenes game of poker

1 - 20 of 49 Posts