Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Ofc it'd work. Require some fancy pipe work though. Your RS turbo should be good for around 400 bhp though.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ofc it'd work. Require some fancy pipe work though. Your RS turbo should be good for around 400 bhp though.
thats asuming it has it on it i cant seem to get hold of the company that did the work a1 rally sport

just looking at options im trying to not follow the gruve in modding the st with the hand held devices and tuning technices so they say

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Fair enough mate. Problem is. Live mapping isn't possible on the ST

so this would mean standalone management. Jamsport have a few cars running ridiculously big turbos. You should speak to them.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fair enough mate. Problem is. Live mapping isn't possible on the ST

so this would mean standalone management. Jamsport have a few cars running ridiculously big turbos. You should speak to them.
ya just found out you cant mapp the st live on a rolling road as you can on a vxr

wat would that turbo need uprated pistons and rods dnt want to crack a linner now

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Pretty sure VXR can't be live mapped either.....

And hybrid will run on standard internals.a bloke called Clive runs RS turbo on standard internals and runs a down tuning map which produces about 360-380 bhp.

The problem is the st pistons make the CR To high. Hence why everyone fits the lower comp RS pistons and rods.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
countny say they spend all day tweaking the maps on the astra vxr on rolling roads o well

erm how much does that cost wouldnt it be better fitting forged pistons and rods

so that turbo can go on will it produce better responce that the ko4 turbo that is on it

its easyer tuning my t16 zr than this bloody thing

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Problem with the ST and RS is that the turbo is a part of the exhaust manifold so you need to get a manifold made that can accept a different turbo!

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Courteney will map the VXR as the god fishys. By removing the ecu and downloading and uploading maps. Making small adjustments and tweaks each time.

Of you've got the money. Go fully forged. With something like the jamsport block mid you could strap a massive turbo on like 2bar are you're talking mega bhp.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well thanks for all the help ill try and piece together wat im going to do if the car turns out not to have the rs turbo i mite look into buying one ill have to look at it when i get it in the air saturday to take the sump of

is there any tell tell diffrences between the rs and the st turbos

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Good question lol. I know the actuator looks different and the RS one is bigger.

You'll know if its an st one cus they're tiny lol

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol wats tiny
in the way of these turbos i can tell the diffrence between a t25 and t28 but ive never seen a k04 turbo lol ill take a pic lol on my poo phone i mean i phone

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Pretty sure VXR can't be live mapped either.....

And hybrid will run on standard internals.a bloke called Clive runs RS turbo on standard internals and runs a down tuning map which produces about 360-380 bhp.

The problem is the st pistons make the CR To high. Hence why everyone fits the lower comp RS pistons and rods.
Yep running around 388bhp at the minute with standard ST internals.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I'd have an RS turbo over a T28 any day. Easier fit too.

It can be custom mapped, but bit of a pain. There are maps written for RS conversion if you really think you need that turbo size.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts