Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up at Wolf on Monday for service so thought me and the other half could have a couple of days away as I have the week off. Can anyone recommend anywhere nice up there. Not too bothered if it's not too close but just in that area of the country.
Cheers Ric

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'd stay in Manchester city centre and take the Mrs. to a theatre or out for a meal. Bredbury Railway Station is close to Profile so getting in and out of the city is easy. Northern Rail if you need the timetables. Can't recommend a hotel but there are loads, maybe trip advisor could help.

My Wife went to see Calendar Girls at the Lowry last week and loved it. That's easy to get to on the tram from the city centre. There's the Palace Theatre and the Opera House too. Or go and see an IMax film at the Printworks. There are a million and one nice restraunts to choose from too, just depends what style you like. If you're there all day the Science and Industry Museum, Air and Space Museum and Natural History Museum are all worth a look, first two are on the same site and are free.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I know Allan has stayed at a nearby 'travel lodge' kinda place before when down at Wolf, I'm sure he could advise.

·
Registered
100 Posts
QUOTE(kjw @ 15 Feb 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know Allan has stayed at a nearby 'travel lodge' kinda place before when down at Wolf, I'm sure he could advise.

I stayed in the Travel Lodge in sports city recently..... yuck
very very basic and not to clean

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(SSBarbie @ 15 Feb 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I stayed in the Travel Lodge in sports city recently..... yuck
very very basic and not to clean

I'll give that one a miss then thanx

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Radisson Edwardian is good, last time we were there for a beer Sven Erikson was in.

I think there is a new Lowry hotel near Spinningfields as well, was at the Lowry gallery on Saturday.

Don't bother with the Hilton, it was naff when we stayed there.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
QUOTE(ArnieUK01 @ 15 Feb 2010, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>looks good cheers mate thx. I'll get searching for some good prices in the morning. Better treat her I guess

If your going to Wolf spending cash maybe its only fair.

If your thinking of staying Tuesday night aswell the prices look slightly more as Utd play West Ham.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Go South a little into the Cheshire countryside and stay at the Best Western hotel in Bollington - lovely place!
Its where the missus and I stayed last time I had work done at Wolf!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have a look at "Village" hotels, nice places and very good value for money

Tend to be a bit out of the way, pools, gym's, bars and entertainment at the weekends usually

Stayed in a few and would highly recommend

1 - 12 of 12 Posts