Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havnt had a problem with my st up until this bad weather came. Everytime i loose traction and the wheels start spining it sounds like something is grinding. I've tried turning off the esp as someone told me that could be the problem but it made no difference. Also whenever it does this the esp light flashes. I'm no mechanic and i'm just a bit worried if i leave it the problem could get worse.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(SI-ST3 @ 23 Dec 2009, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I havnt had a problem with my st up until this bad weather came. Everytime i loose traction and the wheels start spining it sounds like something is grinding. I've tried turning off the esp as someone told me that could be the problem but it made no difference. Also whenever it does this the esp light flashes. I'm no mechanic and i'm just a bit worried if i leave it the problem could get worse.

This is normal mate, its just the abs working and doing their thing. It does make a horrible noise. The esp doesn't switch completly off when you depress the switch.

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
The grinding noise could be a bit of grit lodged between the brake disc guard and the disc, it will soon fall out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts