Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , please can you help , looks like my cambelt has gone on a 40k engine ? is this a non-interference engine by any chance ? Whats the damage if its not ? .................cheers TITAN

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
HI , its a 2006 , Mk3 .......
if its a 2006 its a Mk2, and no its not high mileage. There must be something that has affected the belt.

if your cambelt has gone, it's likely to have bent a number of valves, damaged the pistons, and maybe even damaged the valve guides in the head. Best off getting it stripped down to assess the damage

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,229 Posts
It is not unknown for either the alternator belt to let go and take the cambelt with it, or for something to get into the cambelt and cause it to break.

If you pay for full membership you will find lots of information that will be useful.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Stu makes a good point, it may be ok. When did it go? were you driving at the time?

Youd be better off taking the head off IMO

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
You have more valve clearance on a petrol engine, this happend to me years ago on my nova gsi....luck had it only the cam belt had snaped, caused no damaged to the internals, but also depends on if you were going fast and revving hard mate, hope you are lucky with it.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Happened to my old mans Cosworth. It was only idleing at the time, but still needed a complete top end rebuild. Bent all the rods, valves and guides.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts