Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi,

I'm going to be ordering one of these mounts this week as i'm getting a knocking noise when coming on and off the accelerator at low speeds, changing gear at low speeds and when dipping the clutch at low speed.

It seems that people who have had this mount fitted has cured their knocking noise, is this still the case?

I know there is a trade of with Viabrations but Si on here kindly let me try his car and it is a small price to pay for loosing the most irritating knocking noise. In fact the viabration make the car feel sportier. It's frustrating when you're in traffic or a car park! knock, knock, knock!

Last question. For people who have fitted the mount themselves, do you just tighten the two mounting bolts as tight as you can or do they need tightening with a torque wrench?

Sorry if these are silly questions, i kind of know what to do but lack confidence in doing it!

Can't wait to get mine :)

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(paulst @ 3 Jan 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,

I'm going to be ordering one of these mounts this week as i'm getting a knocking noise when coming on and off the accelerator at low speeds, changing gear at low speeds and when dipping the clutch at low speed.

It seems that people who have had this mount fitted has cured their knocking noise, is this still the case?

I know there is a trade of with Viabrations but Si on here kindly let me try his car and it is a small price to pay for loosing the most irritating knocking noise. In fact the viabration make the car feel sportier. It's frustrating when you're in traffic or a car park! knock, knock, knock!

Last question. For people who have fitted the mount themselves, do you just tighten the two mounting bolts as tight as you can or do they need tightening with a torque wrench?

Sorry if these are silly questions, i kind of know what to do but lack confidence in doing it!

Can't wait to get mine :)

If the cars still under warranty i would get it in to Ford before spending any money! It could be the usual CV joint failiure or just a loose bolt!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
chances are the knocking you are getting is from the top gear box mount, this isn't even the one that is replaced, it is known to work loose. check the tightness of ALL the gearbox mounts when you fit the vibra mount

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
QUOTE(np247921 @ 3 Jan 2010, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>would i be right in saying theirs a new one in development or has been released with no vibrations?!

not that i,m aware of, i,m sure the man himself will be able to put you right shortly {btw the vibrations not that bad anyway}

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Focus_ASBO @ 5 Jan 2010, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>chances are the knocking you are getting is from the top gear box mount, this isn't even the one that is replaced, it is known to work loose. check the tightness of ALL the gearbox mounts when you fit the vibra mount

How do i check/tighten top gearbox mount matey?

·
Registered
183 Posts
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 5 Jan 2010, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nope there isnt any other one in development or has been released.

Why not? I'm sure there is a market for this mount to be softened a little. They're missing out on a niche bit of the market........MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
i dont think there missing an opertunity as surely if its made of softer rubber it will not work as well ?
had mine for some time now and dont even notice the vibrations ,its just part of the car if you get what im saying .
good piece of kit in my opinion and worth every penny .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.