Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody recomend one? ive seen one in halfrauds, any good? calipers are comming off the car to be done on monday night so need one i can go and buy in a shop rather than internet. some people recomend VHT paint, any good?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was debating what paint to use as well. Have used smooth hammerite on my last 3 cars with no issues. But with the ST I thought that because its so much heavier and has bigger discs and there is the possibility I might hoon down an alpine pass at some stage, that I'd get higher temp paint. So got a tin of halfrauds high temp engine paint in black. Still haven't got round to painting them though with all this cold weather.
I'd say if you going for a fancy colour then get hammerite as it has been tried and tested by many and the majority don't have any probs with it. If you're going for understated black like me, then might be worth getting high temp paint in the off-chance that hammerite might blister under heavy or frequent braking. Can't beat hammerite for easy coverage and good finish though.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
haveing used hammerite on my track day motorcycles i can virtually guarantee it will not flake no matter how hard long you use the brakes ,i thinks its a personall thing but as stated the hammerite is fine for calipers on the st .
wer not talking ferrari fi here
!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, red smooth hamerite it is then
will post pics when done. having new discs and pads front and rear as well as i dont want my nice shiny calipers on dirty discs

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Get some of the thinners and water it down for a better finish.

I have used this in the passed on my concours cars (which I also drive as intended
) wihtout issue.

However on the ST I removed the brakes and sprayed them with normal halford car paint and again no issue and they look factory (you can still see the casting marks etc)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.