Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove an ST today at the second attempt as the first dealer I went to wanted to talk numbers first and then refused to budge from list. Great selling I thought and promptly walked. Found an ST at a Seat dealer who let me take it out for a spin even though he knew I was unlikely to purchase that particular car and didn't even have a cupra available that he could get his hands on sooner than 6 weeks. Anyway I've been on Drivethedeal getting prices and have managed to get a price of a smidgeon over 19k for a fully specced five door ST-3 with "special" metallic electric white paint and dvd nav with rear parking doofer as options. My local dealer won't entertain that price saying they can't get anywhere close so does anybody have any first-hand experience using DTD to buy a new ST?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Test drove an ST today at the second attempt as the first dealer I went to wanted to talk numbers first and then refused to budge from list. Great selling I thought and promptly walked. Found an ST at a Seat dealer who let me take it out for a spin even though he knew I was unlikely to purchase that particular car and didn't even have a cupra available that he could get his hands on sooner than 6 weeks. Anyway I've been on Drivethedeal getting prices and have managed to get a price of a smidgeon over 19k for a fully specced five door ST-3 with "special" metallic electric white paint and dvd nav with rear parking doofer as options. My local dealer won't entertain that price saying they can't get anywhere close so does anybody have any first-hand experience using DTD to buy a new ST?
Hey mate! Thats weird. I think I saw your thread on moneysavingexpert forum earlier today. I was going to suggest you try this site. I've recently ordered an ST3 from a franchise dealer. I've never used DTD but the quoted prices do seem good. I may be wrong but I think those vehicles are primarily in stock cars i.e. not factory orders. So you may not find the specific spec you require. Someone may wish to correct me though.

Best advice is to shop around. Visit / contact as many dealers as possible. I also had a couple of bad experiences with Ford dealers I visted. One quoted me 21k with priviliege! The fuel consumption on the ST is heavy as you've already been advised and depreciation is an issue but would be the case with nearly all new cars.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey mate! Thats weird. I think I saw your thread on moneysavingexpert forum earlier today. I was going to suggest you try this site. I've recently ordered an ST3 from a franchise dealer. I've never used DTD but the quoted prices do seem good. I may be wrong but I think those vehicles are primarily in stock cars i.e. not factory orders. So you may not find the specific spec you require. Someone may wish to correct me though.

Best advice is to shop around. Visit / contact as many dealers as possible. I also had a couple of bad experiences with Ford dealers I visted. One quoted me 21k with priviliege! The fuel consumption on the ST is heavy as you've already been advised and depreciation is an issue but would be the case with nearly all new cars.
Hi Kz - Yeah that would be me on MSE, I'm trying to spend a lot on shoe leather in the hopes of getting the best deal possible. Basically it's a choice between the ST, golf and Leon but the golf is overpriced and the options list makes this even worse. The Seat dealer said I'd have a job finding a leon cupra to test and a Cupra R would be pretty much impossible. You seem to get a lot more for your money with Ford but it's harder to find a dealer willing to take your cash if you've already done the homework and don't want to waste time with the haggle. It's interesting that you say the DTD prices are for in stock cars and not factory orders which is a shame as I have pretty much nailed down my spec and would be a bit gutted if I can't get what I'm looking for (I'm picky like that). I think I'll be spending the weekend ringing around dealers to see if they can match the DTD price if not I'll give DTD a go on Monday. In the meantime I'll keep researching and looking for testimonials from current owners and buyers.

Thanks again

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi Kz - Yeah that would be me on MSE, I'm trying to spend a lot on shoe leather in the hopes of getting the best deal possible. Basically it's a choice between the ST, golf and Leon but the golf is overpriced and the options list makes this even worse. The Seat dealer said I'd have a job finding a leon cupra to test and a Cupra R would be pretty much impossible. You seem to get a lot more for your money with Ford but it's harder to find a dealer willing to take your cash if you've already done the homework and don't want to waste time with the haggle. It's interesting that you say the DTD prices are for in stock cars and not factory orders which is a shame as I have pretty much nailed down my spec and would be a bit gutted if I can't get what I'm looking for (I'm picky like that). I think I'll be spending the weekend ringing around dealers to see if they can match the DTD price if not I'll give DTD a go on Monday. In the meantime I'll keep researching and looking for testimonials from current owners and buyers.

Thanks again
I may be wrong about the "in stock" vehicles. I did some research at the time. They seem to have decent reviews but I remember seeing somewhere that they potentially only sourced stock vehicles. Factory orders were at a higher price. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong. It could be worth contacting DTD. I also looked at the Golf GTI but for the same money the spec was no way near as good as the focus. Although the build quality / depreciation etc is supposed to be better. As I get privilege price I paid £17k for my 2010 spec ST3 with metallic paint, usb/bluetooth and rear parking sensors. Some dealers are a waste of time but you will find one willing to offer you a good deal.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Left spec with a few local dealers to see what they come up with. Told one the DTD price and letting the others come back blind. One call back so far £22,183.

Spec is White, 3dr ST-3, Silver Wheels, Sunroof, DVD Sat Nav and rear park sensor.

G

·
Left spec with a few local dealers to see what they come up with. Told one the DTD price and letting the others come back blind. One call back so far £22,183.

Spec is White, 3dr ST-3, Silver Wheels, Sunroof, DVD Sat Nav and rear park sensor.
Hi

I'm about to embark on a similar exercise - I'm armed with a Drive the Deal quote and will be interested to see if local dealers are interested in matching/getting close.

I'm looking at a similar spec but Sea Grey and without the Nav (I've heard it's not up to much and haven't seen a car with it to try it out). Toying with the idea of a sunroof though not sure how much headroom it pinches (I'm 6'2").

My undertsanding is that DTD prices include factory orders, certainly the blurb for Fords imnplies that by talking about orders placed pre 31 March...

Good luck with the dealer haggling and be interested to know how you get on!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know where abouts in the UK you are from but try getting in touch with a local Dagenham Motors or Polar Ford as they are also known as up North, they're owned by Ford's so they can go lower on the price than anyone else can. I've just ordered one myself, just shop around and you'll be able to squeeze a good deal out of a dealer. There are good deals to be had with these cars. Good luck with your shopping around and don't give in!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going to ring DTD first thing tomorrow as the spec I gave them included the DVD sat nav which I now realise was a mistake especially as the A/C controls are integrated. Going to go with standard headunit and replace with an aftermarket DVD/Nav unit.

I'm still hoping the DTD price is for real as it seems too good to be true.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered - £18,210 with 12 months tax and first registration showroom tax.

3dr ST-3 Frozen White
Silver wheels
Sunroof
Rear Parking Sensor

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just been on Drive the Deal,

Sunroof, parking sensors DVD sat nav and non metallic paint £18606.61

Great price

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered - £18,210 with 12 months tax and first registration showroom tax.

3dr ST-3 Frozen White
Silver wheels
Sunroof
Rear Parking Sensor
Cracking effort with that price!!!

Mulling over a deal at £18,800

ST3 3dr
Moondust
Bluetooth
Rear parking Sensors
Silver Wheels

Stock car, in the showroom - looks fantastic

DTD price is just under £18k so I'll have to decide whether I'm prepare to shell out a little bit extra but have it supplied by local dealer who will look after it and of course add the Mountune goodies in due course!

An awful lot of car for the money having test driven one this morning....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DTD price is just under £18k so I'll have to decide whether I'm prepare to shell out a little bit extra but have it supplied by local dealer who will look after it and of course add the Mountune goodies in due course!
Bear in mind DTD price quoted on website does not include the first registration tax which also requires 12months not 6 months. You will need to add £335 to DTD price.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I have bought cars form drive the deal in the passed wihtout any problem, they are just a broker and you deal with the dealer after the intial intro

I just got my aunt a Fiesta, when I told the main dealer re the drive the deal price, tey started slagging them off sayingthe terms and conditions say that even though they take all your money, they could pull out of the deal when they can not honour the price until I told themthat was not the case and that I had already used them for cars in the passed (I hate it when dealers slag off competition when they have no basis for doing so

They rang me up about a week later and I told them where to get off.

I ended up getting it form another dealer who was local and very near the DTD price it was easier with the trade in etc. but would have been happy to use DTD again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Done the deed!

Silver ST should be sitting on the drive in a couple of weeks - local dealer service, speed of getting my hands on the car and beating the showroom tax won the day.

Will run it in a bit and then look towards the Mountune tweaks.
.gif[/img]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts