Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im kinda new to the world of a Focus ST but i am after some help, i put a deposit down last week on a used one just gone to have a look at the insurance, put in the reg number and it has comeup with the description as an st2 260, i was on the understanding that they were something aorund 225 BHP (different websites tell you different things) but was wondering if this 260 would be the stage 1 remap you can get from fords?

Any help would be appreciated on this

Wayne

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh right kool i tried phoning the salesman but just my luck hes not in today so will have to give him a call during the week

has put an extra £400 on the insurance which is not kool lol

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
My car come's up on every insurance search as a ST260, owning it since new I know it not got the mountune (But much better and faster Dreamscience upgrades)
I think their is an error on the ABI system or insurance database, just talk to the insurance companies and as people have said check with mountune. As they hold all the vin numbers of cars they have converted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for all the feedback guys yeah had a look around and spoke to a few people turns out the insurance was wrong and it is a 225 so have gone ahead with buying it
tool it for a little burn Sunday and now just waiting to pick it up can't wait think I'm in love lol!!!
Is the montune the only upgrade you can do to it which will not affect the warrenty??

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
Welcome to the forum and well chosen on the car model

As for your warranty question all the handset companies Bluefin, Code Red and the DS Handset or pc interface all have the ability to flash the car back to stock if you are worried about servicing.

All the best and feel free to ask me any questions

[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts