Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi all

I am looking into buying a new Focus ST3. Unfortunately don't qualify for the scrappage scheme. I'll probably part ex my current car. I was wondering what kind of price I'd be looking at for a standard spec 2010 car with metallic paint. Only dealer I visited so far quoted 21k after the privilege discount. Although I found the same offer on their website for normal customers.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,621 Posts
QUOTE(kzfocus @ 18 Jan 2010, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all

I am looking into buying a new Focus ST3. I'm able to get privilege discount as a family member works for Ford. Unfortunately don't qualify for the scrappage scheme. I'll probably part ex my current car. I was wondering what kind of price I'd be looking at for a standard spec 2010 car with metallic paint. Only dealer I visited so far quoted 21k after the privilege discount. Although I found the same offer on their website for normal customers.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Ordered my new ST-2 in Orange on 09th Nov 09 in Fordthorne Cardiff Net price was £21,250 Ford knocked of £1200 and the salesman said to the wife while I was outside deciding I hope he buys it cos my commission will be great before Christmas so ater a bit of haggling he gave me a free first service and a full tank of petrol.

Got a brilliant car for £20,000. You need to push the salesman cos at the end of the day he's on a good screw if you buy it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks for the help.

The dealer offered me 4k part/ex for my ST170 04 plate. I think he saw me coming a mile off... said I could only get £2000 off with privilege. Was desperate for me to agree to the sale today at 21k. I'm heading to a few more dealerships this week to get a better idea of whats available.

I don't mind buying nearly new. Ideally I'm looking for ST-3 2010 in performance blue with the USB connection / bluetooth handfree. Oh... and silver alloys. Also can anyone suggest any good dealers they've dealt with? I'm in the Midlands.

Cheers!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Privilege discounts depend on the car. Most Focus receive £1500 but STs get £2000. This is a standard discount and the dealer contributes nothing to this, nor is penalised so you are free to negotiate your deal with the dealer without taking this into account. Seems like at first they did try to play you on this but £16,800 for an ST3 sounds like a good deal now. I paid 16200 for my ST2 back in September with Privilege discount.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.