Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so 2 weeks ago now I purchased my modified 06 plate Focus ST from member @Timmac (a great guy who really helped with all my queries regarding the sale). I've just ticked over 58k and want to see this car go to 100k+ under my ownership and maintenance. Therefore, I want to get some suggestions on where to start in future proofing my car/bringing everything up to the best it can be (not literally bullet proofing).

Mods wise, I absolutely love it as it currently stands. It has had a lot of time, effort and money to bring it up to the current spec, which includes:

· Block Mod

· RS Clutch

· JamSport320 Remap

· Cobra 3" downpipe

· Blueflame 200 cell sports cat

· Blueflame 3" cat-back

· RS air intake with Pipercross filter

· RS injectors

· RS spark plugs

· Powerflex lower engine mount bushing

· RS oil breather

· Eibach lowering springs

· Polybushed front wishbones

· RS style 18' black alloys

· RS bonnet vents

· RS parts rear diffuser

· Zunsport upper & lower grilles

My only future mod plans are to add:

· Gas bonnet struts

· Rear window tints

· Uprated brake discs & pads

· Braided brake lines

· Wheel spacers?

· Possible remap refresh some point down the line (thinking CP320)

So maintenance, preventative measures wise, my ideas so far are:

· Engine bay detail & replace rusted bolts

· Full detail/paint enhancement & stone chip correction (currently some quite bad ones on front lip and bonnet) - best way to do this?

· Seal any rusted/potential rusting areas (eg, under bonnet vents)

· Regular servicing - what are the common areas/fluids etc to be missed?

Please help me out by recommending areas to look at/preventative measures I can take to keep this car running like a dream. Perhaps waxoyl treatment, key components to replace in advance etc.

Look forward to all of your input.

Cheers!

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
1,249 Posts

· Registered
980 Posts
Suspension re-build/re-fresh would be in my plans. These things get 'wallowy' :s as hell after a while and looking at your spec list you could probably do with some uprated dampers.

Actually i suppose that's not really an answer to what your asking. But it will improve the feel of the car a lot.

· Banned
9,904 Posts
They don't rot out. What happens is the ends can blow because they're crimped. My ST rad lasted 10yrs before it blew, so I'm not overly bothered if it goes again.

I would suggest not to bother with a Direnza as they blow fairly easily. They're just like they're intercoolers, cheap ****.

The only person I know who can compare is Jamie Paterson. He's ran a few different types and the one which controled temps the best was the RS rad.

If you knew who made it you'd understand why.

· Registered
316 Posts
A good future proof as well is to remove the rear bumper and clean up any rust on the rear wing, paint it and apply clear tape before it gets bad. The STs will rust there because the bumper wears through the paint 😢

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your responses so far. Please do keep them coming. Might help others too who want to ensure the longevity of their ST. I am absolutely loving it - the second and third gear pull and noise is so good!

· Registered
1,249 Posts
They don't rot out. What happens is the ends can blow because they're crimped. My ST rad lasted 10yrs before it blew, so I'm not overly bothered if it goes again.

I would suggest not to bother with a Direnza as they blow fairly easily. They're just like they're intercoolers, cheap :censored:.

The only person I know who can compare is Jamie Paterson. He's ran a few different types and the one which controled temps the best was the RS rad.

If you knew who made it you'd understand why.
Been running a direnza rad for over a year now with no issues . I wouldn't touch the intercooler but the rad is all all alloy and would of been leak tested so the pressures it's subjected to aren't a lot tbh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.