Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 ST3 and when I have a passenger in the seat has been creaking slightly for a while. So far I've ignored this as its only usually the Mrs sitting there and she has had no complaints.

However, she was driving the car the other day with me in the passenger seat - and to my horror the seat twists quite badly downwards and towards the centre of the car (obviously the Mrs is not quite heavy enough to have previously noticed this problem
).

I've had a quick look under the seat and it is securely bolted to the floor - it sort of feels like there is a bolt missing from somewhere higher up in the mechanism...

Any ideas??

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Does the passenger seat have height adjust like the drivers? common fault on the drivers seat which usually starts off with it creaking is the cross-tube at the rear of the base cracking where the end of the tube is welded to the side plate.

Try searching for 'creaking seat' for more info and photos

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 28 Jan 2010, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does the passenger seat have height adjust like the drivers? common fault on the drivers seat which usually starts off with it creaking is the cross-tube at the rear of the base cracking where the end of the tube is welded to the side plate.

Try searching for 'creaking seat' for more info and photos

Cheers pal - I'll have a look at that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts