Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hi all

Who's intrerested in abit of British Touring Cars? As the title would suggest it's on the 4th of April at Britains fastest race circuit Thruxton. This will be the first round of the year.

The plan at the moment would be to arrive early so we can put our fold out chairs down by the fence which means we would get to see some racing and not the back of other peoples heads. The burger/coffee/beer vans would be around a one minute walk with loo's being a three minute walk.

There will be lots of laughter and sucking in of air between clenched teeth as the odd car meets the barrier or worse

Here's the link to where you can purchase tickets at £22 per person http://www.barc.net/acatalog/Online_Catalog_2010_Thruxton_Circuit_Race_Meeting_Tickets_etc__4.html

Ben and Lu
Phil
Jared and Mandy
Lewis and Julia
tony66
Gav
Ryan and Nic + Freinds
Choccymonster
Donna

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(lewis991 @ 15 Jan 2010, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Count me and Julia in please... Never been but always looks good on TV 8)Count me and Julia in please... Never been but always looks good on TV

It's great to see the cars in the flesh with all the smells that come with them and the noise

QUOTE(GavTheGat @ 15 Jan 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Check my dates an ill be up for this, rude not too since im 5 mins away. i'll ring thruxton about karting next week.

Karting you say

·
Captain Slow
16,274 Posts
Drop you lining and start your grining ladies, Nic and I are well up for some of this. Ben dear boy stick us on the list my friend
. You do know what this means though, my car will have to see the light of day

Also I mentioned the tourning cars to my brother / sister in law today, would it be OK if they tagged along with there young son Max who's 9. We'll have to forgive them as they do drive a Toyota Celica but they seemed well up for it!!

Just out of interest when are people going to buy their tickets

·
Super Moderator
Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line Tech 230
8,092 Posts
QUOTE(Ryan @ 16 Jan 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Drop you lining and start your grining ladies, Nic and I are well up for some of this. Ben dear boy stick us on the list my friend

Also I mentioned the tourning cars to my brother / sister in law today, would it be OK if they tagged along with there young son Max who's 9. We'll have to forgive them as they do drive a Toyota Celica but they seemed well up for it!!

Your bringing the car out

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Ryan @ 16 Jan 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Drop you lining and start your grining ladies, Nic and I are well up for some of this. Ben dear boy stick us on the list my friend

Your on the list matey
. You know you can bring who you like. We won't talk to them though as they are NOT club members
. Only joking! You WILL need to clean your car

I shall be buying my tickets around a month before hand. They are very efficent down Thruxton at getting tickets out.

We now need an orange or red ST to brighten our list up

·
Captain Slow
16,274 Posts
Cool stuff Ben

Don't worry about the "family" members, I don't want to talk to them either
Only joking, in all fairness my little nepthew is one really cool kid, he was telling me today about his Top Gear magazine that he gets and the Top Gear game that he's been playing on th PC. He WILL make you want to have childeren

Bummer about cleaning the car, still I think it does need a good wash!!!

·
Captain Slow
16,274 Posts
Dave I love you!!!!!! and yes he WILL make you want another child................trust me this kid is as good as they come. Infact he makes me want to have kid's and I hate the dirty little rotters.

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(Gardener @ 16 Jan 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That will be back in the days of the Mondeo

Went "a lot" during late 80's and early 90's - but '93 was my last trip....

Was standing next to the bridge at the Old Hairpin (just after the Craner Curves) when Tiff Needell "helped" Nigel Mansell have a major off.......

·
Captain Slow
16,274 Posts
Well I had a spell on the dark side this afternoon and washed the ST
boy did it need it.

Back to business I'm going to order our tickets at the end of this month
. Looking forward to it already as it's been a good few years since I last saw touring cars in the flesh!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 17 Jan 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Went "a lot" during late 80's and early 90's - but '93 was my last trip....

Was standing next to the bridge at the Old Hairpin (just after the Craner Curves) when Tiff Needell "helped" Nigel Mansell have a major off.......

Pa thats nothing. I wasn't to far away from this crash at Thruxton. I'm very happy that i wasn't walking along that path

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lduuQ8YOn1M

1 - 20 of 245 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.