Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the most common way of breaking in? Just gone out to my car and the rubber seal on passengers side window has been lifted up... Is this one of the ways??

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It's already in the public domain anyhow,YouTube,google etc........just make your keys as safe as is possible and you ll be fine. 99% of today's car thefts are with the keys as the motor trade where forced to make cars more difficult to steal than the old vauxhall Astra GTEand a lollipop stick trick cos there was so much car theft going on.hopefully ford and BMW etc..... Have got their act together lately and addressed the obd issue, as the old saying goes tho if they want it badly enough,unfortunately they ll probably have it.thats what insurance is for.not nice but sadly true

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,230 Posts
What the most common way of breaking in? Just gone out to my car and the rubber seal on passengers side window has been lifted up... Is this one of the ways??
My driver's side one does this from time to time. It happens when you have had the window right down and wind it back up again.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow lol I wasn't actually after a how to guide to the people who disagree with this, I am clueless about stealing a car, I was just after a bit of advise at comin out and finding my car with the seal lifted and to see if anyone knows about it..

Thank you to the people who replied to my question about the seal

·
Registered
649 Posts
don't have a problem with your question about the seal. you never know some degenerate might have lifted it to try and been disturbed.

was more asking about common ways to break into the car i was on about. not all car crime is stolen to order sometimes its just someone who thinks its their right to relieve you of your pride and joy thrash hell out of it then dump it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wrong about needing the keys ,

2 have been stolen were I live , neither with keys , its been discussed already also an rs from lakeside ,Thurrock

But I won't mention how there doing it because of the above comment

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,601 Posts
I think it unlikely that it represents a serious attempt to steal the vehicle.
As said, the car is going nowhere without the keys and if the intent is to steal the contents you'd just break the window.
One sad fact is that no-one will pay any attention to the pathetically quiet alarm if it goes off

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
don't have a problem with your question about the seal. you never know some degenerate might have lifted it to try and been disturbed.

was more asking about common ways to break into the car i was on about. not all car crime is stolen to order sometimes its just someone who thinks its their right to relieve you of your pride and joy thrash hell out of it then dump it.
Apologies for asking common ways I actually only meant to refer to the seal that's my fault so I'm sorry for that, and round my area that sounds right to steal thrash and dump!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts