Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approx 4am Tuesday night my inlaws house was broken into by some no good scrott, they managed to jimmy the front door open and go through to the kitchen were they went through all the draws and cupboards also they went into the living room and left the lights on , they didn't take anything even though there was jewellery and keys for both their cars ,we think the mother inlaw disturbed them as she gets up at 4am for work . the police have been round this evening ! And reckon they were looking for my ST keys as its always parked outside their house and I wash it on their drive , ( I live one door away) the in laws have been cool about it but its a bit scary, also the police told me there was an attempt to steal an Audi s3 in the next road to us ! So please be vigilant people .

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Approx 4am Tuesday night my inlaws house was broken into by some no good scrott, they managed to jimmy the front door open and go through to the kitchen were they went through all the draws and cupboards also they went into the living room and left the lights on , they didn't take anything even though there was jewellery and keys for both their cars ,we think the mother inlaw disturbed them as she gets up at 4am for work . the police have been round this evening ! And reckon they were looking for my ST keys as its always parked outside their house and I wash it on their drive , ( I live one door away) the in laws have been cool about it but its a bit scary, also the police told me there was an attempt to steal an Audi s3 in the next road to us ! So please be vigilant people .
Where abouts you live?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mk5 Golf GTI got taken from a house about 8 doors down my street the other week, I can't get my car down the drive either

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
In the space of 6 days I have caught 2 lots of lads on the rob, Thursday I was coming home late and caught 2 lads on bikes going up and down drives checking doors and cars, called the police and they were there in minuets and caught them, not heard any more.

Last Wenesday night at my mums house and caught 2 lads running from the back of my mums and her neighbours, I was backing off the drive and they tried to hide so I asked what the
they were doing and a stand off occurred so I went and got my 2 brothers who were seconds away and the scum left quickly, called the police again and again they were there in no time.

Trouble is there
get away with murder, they should have there hands chopped off!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
i usualy start my car in my runway in the mornings to heat up, safe to say il not be anymore,love to see the danes get a hold of a theiving scumbag, they wouldent be so smart then

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In the space of 6 days I have caught 2 lots of lads on the rob, Thursday I was coming home late and caught 2 lads on bikes going up and down drives checking doors and cars, called the police and they were there in minuets and caught them, not heard any more.

Last Wenesday night at my mums house and caught 2 lads running from the back of my mums and her neighbours, I was backing off the drive and they tried to hide so I asked what the
they were doing and a stand off occurred so I went and got my 2 brothers who were seconds away and the scum left quickly, called the police again and again they were there in no time.

Trouble is there
get away with murder, they should have there hands chopped off!!!
1000% agree ( after they've had a good kicking of course )

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Sorry to hear this Ian mate. Thank god no body got hert. I know you got a little one too.

My house is fully alarmed and linked to the police has movement & heat detectors in all rooms and has sensors on windows doors and the garage. Even the garden shed is alarmed. But me and the misses leave keys for our cars where they can be found. I would rather the scum take my st then touch my family. My basebat is always next to the bed just incase. Not just for intruders but incase the misses steps out of line.

Does anyone think these scum are targeting st's off this forum. Its easy to gain information on here such asods, where people roughly live and work, local pub etc.

I want to get a cover for my st but the misses said it will raise suspision as to whats under it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry to hear this Ian mate. Thank god no body got hert. I know you got a little one too.

My house is fully alarmed and linked to the police has movement & heat detectors in all rooms and has sensors on windows doors and the garage. Even the garden shed is alarmed. But me and the misses leave keys for our cars where they can be found. I would rather the scum take my st then touch my family. My basebat is always next to the bed just incase. Not just for intruders but incase the misses steps out of line.

Does anyone think these scum are targeting st's off this forum. Its easy to gain information on here such asods, where people roughly live and work, local pub etc.

I want to get a cover for my st but the misses said it will raise suspision as to whats under it.
cheers Byron we are fine mate , it was my inlaws house next door so kids were in bed in my place , think your missus is right a cover is not a good idea I see covered cars when I'm out fitting and always wonder what is that then ???

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
cheers Byron we are fine mate , it was my inlaws house next door so kids were in bed in my place , think your missus is right a cover is not a good idea I see covered cars when I'm out fitting and always wonder what is that then ???
Yeah true mate. The car sticks out about 2" in the garage cant shut the door
maybe I'll knock something down to get it to fit

·
Registered
204 Posts
This is the reason i always take my keys to bed, without fail, and have them next to me on bedside table. My wife thinks im obsessive about it, i just know she doesnt realise how many people are breaking in specifically to steal our type of car. Also, i don't worry, i have a 10 stone American Akita sleeping at the bottom of the stairs who really doesnt like people near his house after dark, he's a much better deterrent than any alarm, cctv camera or anything else.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yeah happening far too often, a friend had his golf gtd stolen off his in laws drive in Leicestershire while they were all away on holiday. Hardly any damage to the front door lock and the only item that was stolen from inside the house were his car keys. Definite stolen to order, as with most desirable hot hatches. Ala gone in 60 seconds really...

·
Registered
795 Posts
i maybe wrong in saying this but i would but i rather they took the car then came looking in my house for my keys, putting my family at risk, but saying that my car is locked in a alarmed garage every night and i have 2 doors to get into my house,

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is getting too much now. Cars don't need major security anymore because the burgle you for the keys ? Wtf !!

·
Registered
204 Posts
This is getting too much now. Cars don't need major security anymore because the burgle you for the keys ? Wtf !!
Problem is, as time has already told, it doesnt matter what you do cars will always be stolen, you could have finger print recognition starting and the little scrotes would be sedating and chopping fingers off to take the cars (extreme, but you get the point) - doesnt matter what is done, things will always get stolen by those who have no intention whatsoever of working hard like everyone else and actually (dare i say it...) PAYING for something.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts