Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well lads hows the new year getting on in the st world.just took mt st170 4 mot there she pass as all ways.its the 1s time i had her out in a wile just got her on the road was only doing 10mh and put my foot on brakes and she did not stop at 1s.so i hit the brake again and she slowly started to stop then she was OK.4 got 2 check her when i put her in the shed again could she just need brake flu.i don't drive her a lot just summer so i though she was just cleaning off the wee bit of rust or dirt that was on the brakes cabs when she was siting in the shed.could she just need the brakes bleed as she been siting up its no bige just asking the lads u know thanks 4 ur help

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
May not be this but when the ST170's first came out they had problems with the engine calibration not building up enough vaccum in the brake servo - if the car was stood for a few hours then driven off with the brakes used a few times before it had run much, you'd find that pressing the brake felt ok but the car didn't actually stop

By rights all the affected cars were recalled for a vac pipe mod and ECU recalibration, don't know if maybe some slipped through the net? It was a long time ago when this was an issue though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 28 Jan 2010, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>May not be this but when the ST170's first came out they had problems with the engine calibration not building up enough vaccum in the brake servo - if the car was stood for a few hours then driven off with the brakes used a few times before it had run much, you'd find that pressing the brake felt ok but the car didn't actually stop

By rights all the affected cars were recalled for a vac pipe mod and ECU recalibration, don't know if maybe some slipped through the net? It was a long time ago when this was an issue though.

thanks dint know that check brake flu ta day its full so i dont know whats up.do u think i should take her 2 ford 4 a check. like she just had a full service buy ford she only done 2000miles since then thanks 4 ur help lad if u think of any thing eles let us know ta..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts