Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend a good brake up grade over standard?

Mean there is grooved disc's but will just a up rated set of pads with goodridge brake lines be ok for fast road use and odd track day?

What you using on ure
's guys?

any info would be great

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
standard discs with ferodo ds2500 pad will be more than enough, grooved and drilled just make a racket on the road imo.
steel braided lines greatly improve pedal feel

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I fitted Mintex 1144 fast road pads to the front, OEM pads to the rear, Goodridge hoses all round and 5.1 non silicone fluid at the weekend.

The brakes are improved over standard. They are not a night and day difference but they are defo an improvement over standard, best of all the whole lot cost under £150.00 for the parts and fitted them myself.

Bargain.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Running the standard discs front and rear with Ferodo DS2500's in the front - they work well and after say 8K miles they still have loads of meat on them. Also got HEL Braided lines front and rear and Castrol Super Response DOT 4 Fluid.

From my experience with the standard calipers at least there was no noticable improvement with the braided hoses.

I've got a part-worn set of discs with Mintex 1144 pads which have loads of life in them, if anyone wants to try them out then make me an offer.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Had a look at mine today while she was up on the ramps having a whiteline rear ARB fitted and I will need front discs and pads all round very soon.

Wheres the best place for the discs and the Ferodo DS2500 please?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.