Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, apologies if this question has been asked a million times already.

I'm based in norwich and own a focus st3. I'm now in need of some brake pads (not sure if the fronts or backs as I havent looked yet) as it squeeks when i brake lol.

Now I just phoned kwikfit and they quoted me a ball park of £180-£200 to fit new front pads. Does this sound about right? Sounds a bit pricey to me. If not what sort of price should I be expecting to pay?

thanks in advance

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate, thats what I thought.

Where should I go? Also if I were to buy them and fit them myself where should I go to buy the parts? Ford garage? I just want the standard st parts for now

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
QUOTE(mikeHarmonee @ 7 Feb 2010, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now I just phoned kwikfit and they quoted me a ball park of £180-£200 to fit new front pads. Does this sound about right?
For Kwik-Fit, yes. My local Ford dealer is cheaper than that!

www.eurocarparts.com sell Pagids for the ST, £35 for the front, £21 for the rear. If you can't do it yourself, it's 1 hour labour at your local independant garage to change brake pads. So for half the price of the Kwik-Fit quote you can have new pads supplied and fitted.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
My tyre fitter charged £66 for OEM front pads to be fitted. Was happy with that as dealer wanted twice that. Rears I would estimate between £40-50

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
QUOTE(smjohns @ 7 Feb 2010, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My tyre fitter charged £66 for OEM front pads to be fitted. Was happy with that as dealer wanted twice that. Rears I would estimate between £40-50

I purchased genuine mintex pads (volvo fitment) for £27 off ebay, they are listed as focus st brake pads. They are dead easy to fit, approx 20 mins per side. Brakes are fine, im using EBC drilled and grooved discs.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
QUOTE(nick wiley st @ 9 Feb 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I purchased genuine mintex pads (volvo fitment) for £27 off ebay, they are listed as focus st brake pads. They are dead easy to fit, approx 20 mins per side. Brakes are fine, im using EBC drilled and grooved discs.

The seller on ebay was - ziggy-a2z

1 - 9 of 9 Posts