Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Have the ST in ford at the moment for an mot and servicing, brake fluid change etc.
They have told me the brake pads and discs need changing. I can understand the pads needing changing but the discs too? Is this right?
Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
You're only allowed a 1mm lip on the disks, sounds quite feasible that after 22000 miles they need changing.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Wasn't sure, had me thinking they're having me over. But seems to be about right.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
I've just done mine and mines just gone to 32k, I went for a small upgrade and had grooved and dimpled discs all round and I am mighty impressed with the extra stopping power I now have and I guarantee I paid less for this than fords have quoted you for standard items

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
If the pads are done for the disk will most likely be in the same state.
Mileage seems low to me though. Replaced mine at 60K+ miles

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
My front disks and pads are due at 44K, the front's will have already been replaced at some point and I've owned the car since it was on 27K so 21K is feasible. Someone on here has mentioned that the wear rate of the front disks is the same as the pads, and the rears are half. So new disks with every set of front pads, and new rear disks with every other change. New ones all round end of this month for me

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
I take it youre forever out cleaning the brake dust off your front wheels
Poorboys is doing a good job of keeping the dust from baking in.
I don't tend to brake as hard in the ST as I did in my old car. Saying that, I have managed to warp a disc. Still trying to save some funds to replace them.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Poorboys is doing a good job of keeping the dust from baking in.
I don't tend to brake as hard in the ST as I did in my old car. Saying that, I have managed to warp a disc. Still trying to save some funds to replace them.
Ive treated my newly refurbed alloys to the Poorboys sealant. Fingers crossed it does the job for mine too.
Ive gone through a fair few sets of brakes on cars before.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts