Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have I missed something here or is there a way of topping up the brake fluid reservoir without using a funnel shaped like a snake?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Nope! When the
guru that is A.R.C. done my back disks n pads and swapped the fluid for Dot 5.1 he used a wee funnel with a short length of rubber hose.
Pants design innit!

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,446 Posts
Alternatively you can remove the panel that covers it. It only takes a minute.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now that sounds like a sensible reply.

thanks mate. will take a look tomorrow

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I just use a 50ml syringe to top it up with fluid.

Pretty stupid design in terms of access in my humble opinion. Might be better on lhd models with the booster on the other side of the engine bay.

Depending why you're topping the fluid up, if it's dropped through general brake pad wear it's recommended not to top it up as the fluid level dropping to it's minimum mark and triggering the brake level warning is an indication of the pads having worn down enough to need changing (if anyone runs them that low)

Not an issue if you keep an eye on your pads from time to time.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sorry if mine didn't sound like a sensible reply.
I can only report on what I have witnessed. I do not have a scooby wi the tools, so, when I needed the deed done I called Andy. The fella is the top dog, a full time ford tech and ST meister(although he has gone over to the Ultimate Green side
)
What he don't know about ST's, you don't need to know. So when he uses this this technique, as he , no doubt does every day for a living; I thought that may be the way it's done......hey ho!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts