Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi guys, just bought the propper brake rewind kit to rewind the rear caliper piston to fit a new disc, however there isnt enough clearance for the caliper tool to go in, is there any way to rewind the caliper slightly so i can get the tool in place?

Its been an absolute nightmare so far

Edit: Thanks for the replys, now i have the piston wound back all the way everything all put back together sliders on pads in new disc in and yet the pads even after pressing brake pedal to reset pistons they just seem to be moving around..... never thought it would be this much hassle

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(xnescx @ 18 Dec 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi guys, just bought the propper brake rewind kit to rewind the rear caliper piston to fit a new disc, however there isnt enough clearance for the caliper tool to go in, is there any way to rewind the caliper slightly so i can get the tool in place?

Its been an absolute nightmare so far

Thanks
Rich

You need to put pressure on the piston then turn it clockwise! This is basically what the rewind tool does! You can do this easily by using your thumb to apply the pressure then turn the piston carefully using a pair of waterpump pliers! Hope that helps!

Tool Hand tool Bicycle part Office supplies Font

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys, now i have the piston wound back all the way everything all put back together sliders on pads in new disc in and yet the pads even after pressing brake pedal to reset pistons they just seem to be moving around..... never thought it would be this much hassle

Rich

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(goonturbo @ 19 Dec 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you done both sides, built it up, road tested it then tried it again?

The pads should still move a tiny bit.

Yeah all been road tested they seem to be sitting well now, however i'm now getting a grinding noise, i think i'm going to give in a take it to a garage come monday. altho any help appriciated in the mean while.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I think it best to mention that the disc was damaged and replaced after a mishap in the bad weather leading to the wheel whacking a kerb. The usual fixes of checking the disc guard isn't touching the disc etc may still apply but there could well be a bigger problem behind it all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.