Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Thinking of getting my calipers painted I've got PB with anthracite alloys.
My problems are what colour to go for and how to do it.

The colours I was thinking of were either Red, Blue or Yellow, any opinions on which would look best or pictures if anyones got any ?

Also I've been looking into how to do them should I do it myself or would it be more practical (better finnish, last longer etc.) to have a professional do it ?

Cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
do it yourself, it only takes a couple of hours.

what about orange? red and blue are particularly common. mine are lime green

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for quick replies

do it yourself, it only takes a couple of hours.

what about orange? red and blue are particularly common. mine are lime green
That was my thought with yellow bit different than the standard blue with red calipers

Any one recommend a good long lasting caliper paint kit ?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
As ben's said this is really good caliper paint, had it on the car for about 6 months and is still perfect. Some guys on here have had it on for years. I done 3 coats but waited to the summer as you really want them to dry correctly, unless youve got a heated garage.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As ben's said this is really good caliper paint, had it on the car for about 6 months and is still perfect. Some guys on here have had it on for years. I done 3 coats but waited to the summer as you really want them to dry correctly, unless youve got a heated garage.
I went boring and bought red haha. Cheers for the advise i might be able to get it in a garage how long does this stuff take to dry ?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I went boring and bought red haha. Cheers for the advise i might be able to get it in a garage how long does this stuff take to dry ?
IMO red looks a lot better on blue than any other colour, i meant E-tech was good to buy but any colour you wanted. I just started mine one day in the summer at like 22degrees painted for an hour or 2 and then left about 5 hours before putting the wheels back on. I wouldnt drive the car till the next day just to be sure, atleast I never.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers Garry, I think I'll just wait till summer dont think we will get any weather like that anytime soon haha

·
Registered
577 Posts
Gold..?

I used Hammerite Smooth.

Whats that E-Tech paint like? Does anyone have a close-up pic of the finish?

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Black Gold or Silver are the only colours to go for to keep an OEM look on OE calipers, if they were fixed calipers shout about them but on the standard ST keep them looking nice but subtle and only shout about the important/good bits on your car

1 - 20 of 28 Posts