Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Further to a discussion in the shoutbox the other night i am happy to say that i was fed wrong information by my mot tester. Braided brake lines arent an mot failure, only if they are kinked, damaged, rubbing, bulged or are leaking will they fail.

Good news for all us that run them then

Apologies to goonturbo for giving him a hard time

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
yep mine passed today with them fitted,no questions asked. even got the mot handbook out and checked it properly.nothing mentioned about material construction.

happy days

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 9 Feb 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Further to a discussion in the shoutbox the other night i am happy to say that i was fed wrong information by my mot tester. Braided brake lines arent an mot failure, only if they are kinked, damaged, rubbing, bulged or are leaking will they fail.

Good news for all us that run them then

Apologies to goonturbo for giving him a hard time

Not a problem mate.

I only found out that they were defo not a fail the other day when i studied the MOT book after i dusted it off.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I have had them on my various cars over the years and no one has ever raised this, braised hoses are not an issue as long as in good nick (like rubber lines) now FIA racing harnesses that is a different matter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.