Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been away for a while.

Quick question for you all. I have a stock 15 st2 SP and I'm really thinking about getting the BOV and flutter sound added to the car, in your opinions, what exactly would I need to purchase/install to get this?

Please bare in mind it's completely stock at the mo.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
First up you would need to dust off your Burberry baseball hat and adopt a new lingo, innit.

Then you'd have to apply two Maccie D trays to the rear wheel and do some mad skidzzzzz.

In all seriousness, don't. A BOV replaces the recirculation valve which is there to recycle unused boost in order to minimise turbo lag and allow the car to progress quicker.

Venting that boost into atmosphere will make a noise, but then the car has to generate that boost again in order to spool up the turbo. Having it stored ready for use makes it much easier to get the car moving quickly.

If you want to replace it with anything (assuming you need to handle more boost following a remap?) then look at a GFB DV which handles boost better and can create a flutter noise at gear change, but retains the boost.

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS
3,004 Posts
you could lend him yours Jason ! :lol:
After I posted it this morning I thought about you but not seen you posting much on here lately and low and behold you appear :lol:

Not got a Burberry baseball cap anymore Tesco banned me from their car park at night as the :rs: was popping and banging too loud and my doughnuts were better than theirs :facepalm: so gave my cap to one of the other boy racers :)

How you do anyway mate all ok done much to the car ?

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,258 Posts
After I posted it this morning I thought about you but not seen you posting much on here lately and low and behold you appear :lol:

Not got a Burberry baseball cap anymore Tesco banned me from their car park at night as the :rs: was popping and banging too loud and my doughnuts were better than theirs :facepalm: so gave my cap to one of the other boy racers :)

How you do anyway mate all ok done much to the car ?
all good mate! Not done much Apart from getting the wheels done after the mum in law stuffed them up! Still loving the rs?

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS
3,004 Posts
all good mate! Not done much Apart from getting the wheels done after the mum in law stuffed them up! Still loving the rs?
Yes I still love the RS it is such a capable car just point it in the direction you want to go and no matter how much right foot you give it just goes in the direction you want it to. The longer I have had it the more I like it.

Went in for the recall on 4th June passed the pressure test so only HG needed so have now put my Bluefin on it which gives it so much torque in the mid range and just keeps pulling at the top end. Being lowered a week Sat which is something I have wanted to do since I had it sits too high at the rear

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,258 Posts
Yes I still love the RS it is such a capable car just point it in the direction you want to go and no matter how much right foot you give it just goes in the direction you want it to. The longer I have had it the more I like it.

Went in for the recall on 4th June passed the pressure test so only HG needed so have now put my Bluefin on it which gives it so much torque in the mid range and just keeps pulling at the top end. Being lowered a week Sat which is something I have wanted to do since I had it sits too high at the rear
couldn't help yourself could you! Still gotta fit my de res, and spacers just not got round to it still looking at rs's probably doesn't help :lol:

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS
3,004 Posts
couldn't help yourself could you! Still gotta fit my de res, and spacers just not got round to it still looking at rs's probably doesn't help :lol:
:nope: I couldn't and once you start it's a slippery road :yep:

You only live once mate...just need her indoors to think like that :lol:

How much is yours lowered by ? Im having H&R 20mm all round and 20mm spacers as I got the std alloys if they were the forged I could have got away with 15mm spacers so will probably have to invest in mud flaps as well :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,258 Posts
:nope: I couldn't and once you start it's a slippery road :yep:

You only live once mate...just need her indoors to think like that :lol:

How much is yours lowered by ? Im having H&R 20mm all round and 20mm spacers as I got the std alloys if they were the forged I could have got away with 15mm spacers so will probably have to invest in mud flaps as well :facepalm:
mines not lowered mate I've got the Mrs and kids locked in the boot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts