1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,
I am going to order my
on monday
. I am unsure whether or not to get the space saver spare. It reduces the boot space from 475 litres to 370 litres. This sounds like quite a big difference.

Can anyone post pics of the focus boot with and without the space saver fitted

Many thanks

Adam

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
QUOTE(Dabteacake @ 31 Jan 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Guys,
I am going to order my
on monday
. I am unsure whether or not to get the space saver spare. It reduces the boot space from 475 litres to 370 litres. This sounds like quite a big difference.

Many thanks

Adam

if you do a search you will find pics of boot with space saver.

·
Registered
Trevor B
1,205 Posts
QUOTE(Dabteacake @ 31 Jan 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Guys,
I am going to order my
on monday

Many thanks

Adam i can't do you any pics but basicallywith a space saver in place it makes the boot floor rise to almost level with the latch/lock assembly

·
Registered
197 Posts
havent got a photo but I have space saver and it means the floor sits just below the sill of the boot so you lose about 5/6 inches across the whole of the bottom of the boot.

But tyre foam is no use if you have a blow out or slash your tyre wall as happened to a mate's cilo.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I find that the boot is pretty damn massive regardless, you'd have to be going some to run out of room.

I once had 2 new tyres, 3 desktop computers, 2 TFT monitors, a CRT monitor, 3 overnight bags and 3 sleeping bags in my boot. I was expecting it to be a fight but no, it all went in no problems.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Here's a picture of my boot with the space saver in place, sorry but it is not very good it was taken a few years ago.

You can stil get loads of stuff in the boot though

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yea space saver will bring the floor level almost up to the level of the lock assembly, making it very easy to get stuff in and out since its a flat load area. The boot is really wide though which makes up for the lost height. For some taller items you may need to take the parcel shelf out though. The added advantage of the space saver spare (other than being the only solution to a puncture that works!) is that the foam spacers around the wheel are great for storing stuff in. I have tools, a compressor and jump leads etc all stored under the carpet making the boot nice and neat.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(colin-mck @ 2 Feb 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yea space saver will bring the floor level almost up to the level of the lock assembly, making it very easy to get stuff in and out since its a flat load area. The boot is really wide though which makes up for the lost height. For some taller items you may need to take the parcel shelf out though. The added advantage of the space saver spare (other than being the only solution to a puncture that works!) is that the foam spacers around the wheel are great for storing stuff in. I have tools, a compressor and jump leads etc all stored under the carpet making the boot nice and neat.

Cheers for all posts guys I am ordering the
tomorrow as i have just had the finance approved. Still undecided on the space saver though as I like having a spare but do not know whether I can justify losing a 105litres of boot space can anyone put a pic up with the wheel cover lifted so I can see the foam storage area.

Once again cheers guys

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(yoinkster @ 2 Feb 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dude seriously, unless you are planning on moving house every weekend or going deer hunting every weekend the boot really is epically large ...

Ok will coverse with the wife and let her decide. When I go home from germany tend to take a lot of kit with meplus the dog will be in the boot with a load divider. Argh don't know what to do lol

Cheers for all replies

·
Registered
57 Posts
We ordered with space saver with a view of we needed more room then take it out and get a puncture kit instead. OK would need to remove the bracket from the bottom of the boot somehow but felt it was the better way to g.

We have a 5 month old and the amount of stuff we need to take away for a weekend away is stupid day and managed pram travel cot, all our clothes etc etc and all the gubbins without any issues.

Still thinking of removing it but tbh havent yet felt the need to do so.

If you can remove the bracket that is in the boot floor order with and then if you need the space get it removed?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
QUOTE(Dabteacake @ 3 Feb 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok will coverse with the wife and let her decide. When I go home from germany tend to take a lot of kit with meplus the dog will be in the boot with a load divider. Argh don't know what to do lol

Cheers for all replies

Hmmm, I did plan to put a laughing smiley in my other post so it didn't sound like

Letting the wife chose = good plan. That way it cannot possibly be your fault. Although it will be if it ever comes to a head either way (no room in boot or a blowout) :)

Good luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(yoinkster @ 4 Feb 2010, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hmmm, I did plan to put a laughing smiley in my other post so it didn't sound like

Letting the wife chose = good plan. That way it cannot possibly be your fault. Although it will be if it ever comes to a head either way (no room in boot or a blowout) :)

Good luck

i ordered today with parking sensors, bluetooth and silver wheels and NO space saver lol so too late now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.