Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt build my box my friend did but they sound so much better in the new enclosure subs are diamond d1

·
Registered
786 Posts
Looks very neat Wes! Funnily enough I had started designing something similar a few weeks back but have since put it on hold in favour of performance mods! I'll post some pics when I get home

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Anyone running a sub and amp using the original head unit I understand you can get some sort of gizmo to do it properly ?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Anyone running a sub and amp using the original head unit I understand you can get some sort of gizmo to do it properly ?
I am, with something similar to this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phonocar-5-142-Line-Level-Converter-with-Remote-Feed-/350489987540?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item519ad4c9d4

Connects up to your rear speaker wires and gives you an RCA output. Probably not as good as with an aftermarket headunit with RCA outputs built into it, but works fine for the compromise!

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
I am, with something similar to this

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item519ad4c9d4

Connects up to your rear speaker wires and gives you an RCA output. Probably not as good as with an aftermarket headunit with RCA outputs built into it, but works fine for the compromise!
Yep, that will work nicely...

for the ultimate sound quality, have a look at the JL Audio Cleansweep system though.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Clean sweep is an amazing bit of kit, friend of mine has one in his car. It is something I'll probably fit when I upgrade my speakers and amp them.

·
Registered
786 Posts
This is what I had knocked up on CAD over xmas, similar to Wes's design I also intended to mount the amp in the middle of the subs to keep some of the boot space! Will get around to speccing and building it eventually!

Great minds eh......

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts