Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any 1 have a pic of a boost pressure solenoid and whats its like to change

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Does any 1 have a pic of a boost pressure solenoid and whats its like to change
I was searching for this exact same thing yesterday as mine is being replaced - how spooky, must be something in the south west water!

I didn't see any piccies, but did read that the part costs about £30 and that it's fairly straightforward to change (but the car needs to be real cold due to the location of the solenoid).

Out of interest, what is the problem with your

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was searching for this exact same thing yesterday as mine is being replaced - how spooky, must be something in the south west water!

I didn't see any piccies, but did read that the part costs about £30 and that it's fairly straightforward to change (but the car needs to be real cold due to the location of the solenoid).

Out of interest, what is the problem with your
Did chris @ tarnock tell u that by anychance just been speaking to him and sounds just like what hetold me very stange. The car is under powered for the mods that have been put on the car he did say about another car that was having the same problem was that u

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Did chris @ tarnock tell u that by anychance just been speaking to him and sounds just like what hetold me very stange. The car is under powered for the mods that have been put on the car he did say about another car that was having the same problem was that u
small world

I took my car to Tarnock as the guys at Pumabuild said mine felt a bit fluffy and not as quick as it should. Chris @ Tarnock wired mine up yesterday and took it for a spin. He said mine was having a boosting problem. There was a lack of boost and then it would kick it in, but peak when easing off. He did say something about with a violent jolt but I can't remember the exact details, I'm guessing when easing off though.

This sounds about right to me, as if I was accelerating from 30 - 50, it would drag it's heels up to 50 and then when it got to 50 suddenly want to take off.

Mine is being replaced on Tuesday, so I'll let you know the outcome.

Good look with yours.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
small world

I took my car to Tarnock as the guys at Pumabuild said mine felt a bit fluffy and not as quick as it should. Chris @ Tarnock wired mine up yesterday and took it for a spin. He said mine was having a boosting problem. There was a lack of boost and then it would kick it in, but peak when easing off. He did say something about with a violent jolt but I can't remember the exact details, I'm guessing when easing off though.

This sounds about right to me, as if I was accelerating from 30 - 50, it would drag it's heels up to 50 and then when it got to 50 suddenly want to take off.

Mine is being replaced on Tuesday, so I'll let you know the outcome.

Good look with yours.
Yeh defo let us know how u get on as i might just do it for pease of mine as it does not cost much

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Mine wasn't underpowered but the car gave a big jolt when coming off the pedal at full boost.
Turned out to be the turbo boost solenoid. Here's the thread, with a pic of the part too:

http://www.focusstoc...h-mod-bc-remaps
Thanks for the link, I'm pleased this sorted the problem for you

I didn't find this post when I originally searched as I was looking for +boost +pressure +solenoid, and the word pressure isn't mentioned once in the above topic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts